question about head tracker

German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 21
edited August 31 in FPV Goggles

Hi! I wanted to ask how exactly controlling FPV camera servos via head tracker works. Does it use separated 2.4 GHz transmitter and receiver for controlling servos or it uses main control radio and free channels on model receiver?

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭

Uses the main TX and receiver auxilliary channels. The headtracker unit is usually connected into the main TX trainer port.

• German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 21

@WTWUK said:
    Uses the main TX and receiver auxilliary channels. The headtracker unit is usually connected into the main TX trainer port.

Thank you for answer! I guess i would need to have special RC control (radio) for that? Currently i have 4 channels radio control but i put there FrSky radio module, so i'm curious if i can use head tracker and how to plug it or i need to buy new radio control for that?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭
    edited August 31

Not a special radio as such, but you will need a radio with at least 6 channels. FrSky Taranis X9D Plus or X10 would be perfectly suitable.

• German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 21

@WTWUK said:
    Not a special radio as such, but you will need a radio with at least 6 channels. FrSky Taranis X9D Plus or X10 would be perfectly suitable.

hmm, thank you for answer again

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file