Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget FPV Goggles

Mike WilsonMike Wilson Club Members Posts: 5

Hi Ian, I'm assuming that you as product manager will be the right person to ask this question? I've been looking at the budget FPV goggles for quite a while now, there is nothing in the budget range in the UK warehouse, it all seams to be Global. However the Quanum range has been out of stock for a long time now, and there is no facility to "alert me" to register an interest in them. Will HK be getting any Quanum goggles in the UK warehouse any time soon? the SKU's of Quanum goggles I'm interested in are, SKU 917000702-0, and SKU917001334-0. (They are, and have been out of stock on the global site for a long time as well?). Regards Mike

Best Answers

Answers

• Richard LongRichard Long Club Members Posts: 1

Hi, Have a look at the Eachine EV 100 goggles they are the Fatshark type but substantially cheaper at around £75 - they are not stocked by Hobbyking but you can get them from Bangood as far a plane is concerned you could do a lot worse than get a Bixler 3 - a stable and slow flyer with facilities to put a camera on the nose - in terms of a camera and Vtx then as long as they are all the same frequency then they will work together - I would recommend 5.9 GHz. If you are flying inside then a Vtx with 25mW will be enough but if you're flying outside I would recommend at least 200mW and up but that might be restricted by legislation where-ever you live. Initially buy cheap just in case you don't get on with it.

• WTWUKWTWUK ✭✭✭ CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1

200mW is illegal in the UK. 25mW is the limit. However, with the correct antennae range 'can' be far more than the legal limits of FPV flying permit, which is line of sight only as far as it is still possible to be able to know what way the thing is pointed - so no flitting out to mile or so where the model is a dot and driver has nooo idea of even what way up it is, and evel less idea of where it is going! Haha!

PS- the thread is a year old btw ...:p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file