Turnigy Multistar 4-in-1 ESC 20A - wiring

Hey guys,
I am new to the business and quite confused concerning the wiring of the Turnigy Multistar 4-in-1 20 A ESC.
In the community disscussions it says that the motor numbering was wrong.
Plus, when I plug my LiPo to the ESC, literally nothing happens. Is it supposed to beep or whatever?

Appreciate your help!
Thanks

Comments

• Luca KoukounakisLuca Koukounakis Club Members Posts: 3

Hey Nick,
    I am new to the business and quite confused concerning the wiring of the Turnigy Multistar 4-in-1 20 A ESC.
    In the community disscussions it says that the motor numbering was wrong. Is there any experience or guide as to how to wire that correctly, then?

Plus, when I plug my LiPo to the ESC, literally nothing happens. Is it supposed to beep or whatever?
    Appreciate your help!
    Thanks

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

The way the wiring is numbered is wrong on these and many similar 4 in 1's. Somewhere I have a diagram to show correct way to connect them up. Will dig it out later and post it here.
    As for the ESC making a noise, that does not happen. It is the motors that beep when they are connected to the ESC.
    The ESC sends pulses to the motors that causes them to emit beeps.

• Luca KoukounakisLuca Koukounakis Club Members Posts: 3

Perfect, thanks for the info and the diagram!

I just hope the motors will then beep when I try to calibrate the FC.
    I had already powered the ESC with the motors connected, but - then again - nothing happened. I just guess this will be different when having connected the complete electronics?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file