Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blinking receiver lights

MSRcPilotMSRcPilot OklahomaClub Members Posts: 1
Greetings,

I received my orange 7 channel receiver in the mail today and quickly went to my shop to install it into a plane. The binding process to my Spektrum Dx8 was simple and all control surfaces work properly. Here's my question, should the lights in the rx and satellite be blinking (slowly) or on solid? During my testing and at different times I've noticed different combinations of off, on, blinking on either of the rx and satellite but the controls surfaces respond to the transmitter without any problems, even in range check mode. I am use to the spektrum receivers and the lights being on solid. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 400blade400blade nottingham ukClub Members Posts: 374
    lights should be on solid with no blinking just like spektrum
  • hoveringalhoveringal Club Members Posts: 8
    When both devices are sync'd properly, also known as binding, you should have one solid red light.

Now, if the receiver should loose too many FRAMES and develop a HOLD that is an issue and the receiver will blink red indicating that condition.

Typically they say in a 10 minute flight you can have 50 or so lost frames and when it reaches 500 in one flight you have issues. If you have 1-2 Holds, I would relocate the antenna / receiver system and make sure the antenna is not too close to electrical noise or anything that could block the signal.

A loss of frame happens quickly and typically you wont know it but when you loose enough frames it develops into a "loss of control" till signal is re-established. That can be messy on approach..

If you ever crash look at the receiver - if the red light is blinking it may have been a signal issue and not your flying skills..
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭
    Not bad - only a three years and 6 months old thread ..
  • hoveringalhoveringal Club Members Posts: 8
    Holy Crap! Hahahahaha - Where's my dang coffee... Sorry -
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭
    Nevertheless, a perfect description of the phenomena.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Yep - blinking strange image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file