Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setup channel 5 and 6 TGY-i6 & IA6B

marcovitmarcovit Club Members Posts: 16
Hello!

I am trying to setup my turnigy receiver switch and FPV channel switcher.

I hooked the switch and channel switcher to channel 5 and 6 off the ia6b v2 receiver.

I changed the AUX channels in the TGY-i6 so it will listen to the SWC and SWD buttons on the transmitter.

The problem, whatever i do i can't get a response of channel 5 and 6.

I got power because the channel receiver defaults to cam 1 and the switch has an option to always be on.

Channels 1 to 4 respond normally..

Note that i am using CPPM. (kk2.1.5 board)

Comments

• Paul80Paul80 Club Members Posts: 161
    Hi

obvious question first, what are you trying to control with channels 5 & 6

If its servos have you added the 5v supply as the KK2 does not supply power to the output pins and a separate BEC is need to power anything connected..

You could also test the output of the Aux channels by switching the receiver back to PWM and connecting your servos directly to the receivers channel 5 & 6 pins.

• marcovitmarcovit Club Members Posts: 16
    Hi,

I am trying to control FPV video switcher and Receiver switch.

I connected them directly to channel 5 and 6 off the receiver.

My ESC's don't have a BEC so i connected a separate one in M1 of the FC board.

The modules receive power since i get a single video feed and the switch is on (forced).

I can try to turn of the PPM and switch back to PWM..
    In PPM mode none of the receivers channels will do anything, you get PPM only on PIN set 1 with nothing on any of the other pins

You are trying to control PWM items in PPM mode

You will find if you switch the receiver to PWM and set the KK2 up as PWM with a full wire set connection, what you are trying to do will work.Paul802016-06-28 22:21:02
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭
    Or why not set the KK to CPPM? It has that option tha knaws ...
    Not got any KK2's any more so could not test.

If there is some sort of pass through in PPM mode then yes the switches could be connected to it rather than the Receiver.

You will have to do some digging through the KK2 instructions to see what pinset you can pass through though.Paul802016-06-28 22:38:01
    I read the manual and looked in the board and couldn't find anything beside turning the CPPM on or off.
    Try setting everything up a PWM it will work once you have done that.Paul802016-06-29 00:07:04
    Experiment ... it is not rocket science! From memory, a KK in CPPM mode has 7 inputs. So power it up with servos or suchlike connected to the 5,6 & 7 outputs and see what happens. Bear in mind you will still be needing a power supply for the M2 and up bus, as it is independent of that on M1.
    I turned off CPPM on the kk board and my transmitter with no success.

My KK board gives power to M2, M3, M4 etc through M1.

The switches get there power through the receiver, right?

Current config:

[receiver] [channel 6] -> FPV switch

[channel 5] -> receiver switch

[channel 1] -> [KK board] [AIL]

[KK board] [M1] -> [ESC with seperate BEC]

Must i connect the switches on M5 and M6 instead?

imagemarcovit2016-06-29 15:20:52
    M1 does not send power to M2 etc. It is not a common power bus. You need power on M2 and up.

Not got a KK to hand to physically check what pins you need to connect your switches to, but you can use the Receiver Test screen to find out ...
    M1 does not supply power to any of the other M pins sets, you have to add a BEC to one of the other M pin sets to get power to all from M2 & UP

M1 supplies power to the KK2 Board only

M2 and up are sepperate because you do not want servo generated noise crashing the KK2 in flight.

The KK2 needs two separate power supplies to work.
    Take the KK2 out of the equation

Set the Receiver to PWM mode

Connect your two switches to Channels 5 & 6 on the receiver.

Make sure you have set channels 5 & 6 to two switches in the AUX channels section on the transmitter.

Try the two switches

Do the RC switches connected to channels 5 & 6 now work ?

My current setup powers the switches through the receiver, not the KK board. They are not servo's but actual switches.

The object attached to the receiver switch gets it power right of the battery but the actual switching is powered through the receiver.

The FPV switch is between my video transmitter and 2 cams. The video transmitter itself is connected to the battery but the actual switching is also powered through the receiver.

The FPV switch says i must connect it to the receiver.

Image FPV switch

Manual receiver switch

I appreciate the help but i am very confused right now.. image
    I tried that Paul but that didn't work.

Doesn't the KK board setup the receiver for CPPM?

It i turn that off (and the transmitter), will the receiver use PWM again?marcovit2016-06-29 17:16:05
    You have to use the transmitter to setup the receiver to PPM mode, by default it should be PWM.

Go to the transmitters Setup page and scroll down to RX settings, then turn on PPM

If you tried my option and your switches didn't work then either something is not set correctly or your switches or receiver is faulty.

Try connecting a servo to the receivers output pins for channels 5 & 6 to see if they work

Make sure

Power is supplied to the receiver

Transmitter is bound to the receiver

Transmitter has set the receiver to PWM

Try the servo on all 6 channels as well.

If that does not work then you have something set incorrectly or faulty.

No. The KK does nothing to the receiver. You need to reset the RX yourself.

Get your input channels setup as required. Check the KK RECEIVER TEST screen to see what channels do what. Then connect your switch to the relevant OUTPUT connecion on your KK. All the switch needs to see is a switched high and low input.

If you really cannot figure it out, I will show you step by step how, but am at work until Friday.

WTWUK2016-06-29 18:08:15
    I solved the issue.

I connected the wires upside down in the receiver.. The receiver test on the KK board did work though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file