My point of view about cars sold on HK

Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

During few years i talked about rc cars from HK on the rcgroups forum. I own the turnigy SCT 2WD, the BSR RZ4, the BSR Berserker, The H.King Rattler, the BSR BZ444, The quanum vandal.

The SCT 2WD isn't bad for the price and parts are still available. But you won't find them anywhere else, if a part is out of stock, you car will be unusable for long time.
The BSR BZ-444 has been discontinued fast.
The BSR RZ4 has been discontinued fast.
The BSR Berserker parts start to be discontinued.
The H.King Rattler has parts out of stock since months. It can't handle 3s lipo, the drive train is too weak for 3s, but HK say we can use 3s on this car, really not a good advise. Parts are often out of stock.
The Quanum vandal is a VRX/FTX car, if you live in US it will be hard for you to get parts in your country. Parts are also out of stock very often.

In conclusion, with hobbyking cars, two possibility, a car which will become unusable fast because it is discontinued or a car unsuable because parts are out of stock or discontinued also.

If you want a rc car, don't choose it on HK, find a car with spares available from many different sources. There are many cheap chinese brands with spares available more easily like DHK, JLB, Vkar, HSP, VRX/FTX (for european customers).

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭

Google 'X-Rider CX3'  and there are loads of car parts as well... many of the clones are there!

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

The X-rider CX3 is a motorbike, i don't see any parts for cars sold by hobbyking on the x-rider website, there isn't a single cars there.

Yes it is a bike. That is why I said 'and there are parts AS WELL'. Find what they are cloned from. Some are no longer even available from HK who alwsys have diabolical parts backup in nearly all their lines.

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

You said " there are loads of car parts as well"

HK have many out of stock or discontinued parts in their listing, maybe to have a better presence on google.

Yeah they list hundreds of parts for lots of models that are never going to be in stock again. VERY poor website management again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file