How to connect Hobbyking 60A ESC with a RC Car transmitter ?

SYLVAIN MAISSASYLVAIN MAISSA Club Members Posts: 4

Hello

How to connect Hobbyking 60A ESC with a RC Car transmitter ?

Because when I try I can’t have the power off for throttle in neutral position of the trigger , I have to press it to the max then slowly release to accelerate.

That’s not cool...

Thanks for any help

Comments

• mjvw42mjvw42 Club Members Posts: 7

Hi Sylvain can only assume you are talking about HobbyKing™ Brushless Car ESC 2S-4S 60A w/ Reverse. The ESC will need calibrating to your throttle channel. Go to the ESC web page and go into files tab. The manual is there for download. This will explain the "Setting Throttle Range" process. Hope that helps :)

• SYLVAIN MAISSASYLVAIN MAISSA Club Members Posts: 4

Hi

thx for reply i’ve already done the process several Times and reset to factory too

it doesn’t work

after put the battery the esc bip as wrong and I have to press the trigger to max to go right and so in neutral position throttle is at 70%

edited August 22

I have to tell you that at the first time I used this esc with a transmitter for plane (Flysky FS6)

it seems that the esc keep in memory the throttle range of this transmitter even I’ve made reset factory

I have another nomane esc and everything goes right with the 2 transmitters

Nobody ?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

It will not work with a car type transmitter as the signal runs from: full reverse -100, to stopped 0, to full forwards +100.

The ESC will expect to see stopped 0, to full forwards +100.

• Bernhard SchillBernhard Schill Club Members Posts: 1

I have the same problem. The esc doesnt recognise the neutral position. I have to pull the throttle complete back to stop the motor. I think i order a other esc for testing.

My esc:

https://hobbyking.com/de_de/turnigy-dlux-80a-mk2-brushless-speed-controller-w-8a-s-bec-and-data-logging-2s-8s.html

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

See post right above yours!

It is not going to see the throttle range from your car-type transmitter it expects to see with your 'neutral' (low) throttle at centre. It just does not work like that, and that is the very reason there are specific car and boat type ESC's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file