Turnigy Dlux 60A ESC Capabilities and programming

Ramon PardoRamon Pardo Club Members Posts: 1

I recently purchased a pair of 60A Turnigy Dlux Escs. in the item description, it said this device was capable of "Forward / Reverse" as well as a " 0%, 40%, 60% or 100%" braking function, according to the Turnigy Programming box.

I plan on using these ESC with a pair of 6374 Hobbysky 80A motors, and a few 8s, 5,000mAh li-poly batteries.

When I tried to use this device with a Spektrum DX6i Transmitter and receiver that came with the box, however, I could not get the ESC to operate the motor in both a forward and reverse direction, Nor figure out how to utilize the "Brake" function. Furthermore, when I plugged the transmitter in, the motor began running at 40% throttle, despite being in the resting position.

is this an issue with my receiver, the ESC, or a setting I need to configure? The instructions that came with it in the box were slightly unclear in this manner.

please help!

Tagged:

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭

First off, you need to calibrate the ESC to your transmitter throttle stick. Follow the instructions for that.

The reference to forward/reverse is not that you can run the motor forwards, and then reun it backwards by transmitter control. What it does is enables motor direction to be set without having to swap motor to ESC wires to get the motor running in the direction you need.

I am uncertain of how the brake is set as I have never used it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file