Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to spend money with Hobbyking but don't get the postage structure ?

Bob WarnerBob Warner Club Members Posts: 5

Hi - Still trying to by an electric glider but ready to give up. As you haven't got my first 6 choices of glider due to zero stock I've opted for the ASW28. Added to basket and a flag comes up - 'Spend another £38 for free postage' That's ok , I need a new radio plus batteries plus a load of other stuff to start afresh after a 30 year gap from flying. So I add the Turnigy TGY-i6 for £40.77 to get free postage and postage is plus £77.28 - Uh ? Try adding the radio from the Hong Kong depot - still plus £77.28 for postage.
Deleted the radio and tried 10 Gliders at £80.04 and postage is £588.62 - How does the free postage over $150 work then ''cos I'm off to ******* if it's this difficult to spend money with Hobbyking.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭

Aircraft models are not included in free post offers.

Product exclusions: Around 800 SKUs including bulky items like e-bikes, scooters, 3D printers, planes and cars are excluded from the Free Shipping offer from the Global Warehouse.

• Bob WarnerBob Warner Club Members Posts: 5

That doesn't make sense though WTWUK . I put a glider in my basket (£88.04) - from Hong Kong warehouse. A flag came up and said; Spend another £38 for free postage"
    So I added a Transmitter (hardly bulky) at £40.77. Postage was added at £77.28.
    Changed the transmitter to the HK warehouse and still £77.28 postage

Yep. Because aircraft kits are specifically excluded from free shipping, even if you reach the required value by adding other items. Due to the aircraft being in the cart you get charged the full shipping costs as if the free shipping offer never existed.

HK could, if they even knew how to prevent the free shipping offer even show if the items they exclude are added to carts. But they have zero clue on such simple things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file