Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atom Helicopter Stabizers

Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 93

Initially I started trying to fly Helicopters but gave it up as a a bad joke.

I attendended my local R.C. flying club. Only to see guy's Flying Fixed Wing and Helicopters. From what I gather are two completely different concept types to fly. They handled it with ease.

I was interested to hear they are all fitted with 3-axis gyro's in there helicopters now?? My old beasts only have one for the tail rotor.

Some are fly bar as well. Can the old beasts fly again but with 3-axis gyro's? Does anyone know the part number and availabilitty?

I think all my old aircraft are vintage.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,371 ✭✭✭

For flybarless helis, you would use a 3-axis stabiliser.

For flybarred, you only really need the AVCS type gyro.

Flybarless helis are by far and away much easier to fly. Bear in mind 'easier' does not mean idiot proof easy like fixed wing, unless you have the knowledge to setup something like a Pixhawk flight controller for the helicopter. That in itself is far from 'easy' as there are so many flight dynamic issues to cater for.

However, I self-taught myself to fly helicopters as my first ever venture into RC flying. If I can do it, anyone can!! Perservere and you will get there!

• Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 93

Thanks WTWUK can you convert fly bar to fly bar less?

Yes. Very easily. All you need is a flybarless head (google Tarot flybarless rotor head) and a flybarless controller (google mini kbar). Can be done in less than an hour.

Wow! Super thank you so much WTWUK our winter down under now Brr

Summer up here but blowing 45-50mph winds. So grounded lol!

Yes well winter in Perth for us softies down under and 6degrees in the mornings.
    Apart from Perth, Australia being the most isolated city in the world it's not a bad place to live. It is generally windy. Winter time is the best for flying. The wind is generally pretty good and very low.
    Summer time we have the winds blowing from the interior then the coastal sea breezes.

Thank again for the info. Dennis.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file