Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASI-621MG range of motion

Ron HarwoodRon Harwood Club Members Posts: 3

Hey all,

I'm playing around with some aerostar ASI-621MG servos using an arduino. I'm only able to set an angle of about 45-135 degrees. Anything outside of that, and the servo just acts like it's been deactivated (no resistance to movement, no whining - nothing)...

Now, with the power off, I'm able to move the servo a full 180 degrees... am I missing something?

Tagged:

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭

What PWM range do you have outputting from your arduino?

• Ron HarwoodRon Harwood Club Members Posts: 3

From the arduino servo library:

• min (optional): the pulse width, in microseconds, corresponding to the minimum (0-degree) angle on the servo (defaults to 544)
    • max (optional): the pulse width, in microseconds, corresponding to the maximum (180-degree) angle on the servo (defaults to 2400)

So, my tests tell me I can actually get down to just under 30 degrees (23 was my best but it depends on the servo - I have 6 of this model and they all give up at slightly different values) and up to about 150 (157 was my best, but again, depends).

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭

You need range from 1000 to 2000, with 1500 being the servo centre position as this servo is a standard pulse type and technically is not a 'natural' 180° servo, even though you can physically turn them 180° (some of the Turnigy servos I have will manually turn full circle, but cannot be driven that far). You can 'overdrive' some by going below 1000 and above 2000, but results may not be good.

• Ron HarwoodRon Harwood Club Members Posts: 3

It would be nice if they stated the range of motion. :)

Well, it must be an electronic limit - because it doesn't strain, it actually acts like it's not connected.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file