Binding radio to receivers not of the same make

William HansonWilliam Hanson Club Members Posts: 4

Are radios not compatible with other brands of 2.4 g receivers? I inherited 16 electric models of all sizes with 2.4 receivers installed but I can't get them to bind with futaba, flysky,or hobbyking radios.

Comments

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 438 admin

@William Hanson Different brands often use different protocols so they don't necessarily work together. You need to ensure that the transmitter and the receiver use the same protocol otherwise they will not bind.

• William HansonWilliam Hanson Club Members Posts: 4

Thank you. What's a protocol? Should I buy a transmitter to match the planes receivers or new receivers. I'm sure to get the hang of it.😊

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭

What exact receivers do you have? It is possible you might get away with buying one transmitter that is 'multiprotocol' if you are lucky, otherwise picking one receiver and changing all the rest to the same protocol is the least painful option.

To buy a transmitter for every receiver would need a lot of money, and be impractical.

Protocols are, in essence, the 'language' transmitters and receivers talk to each other with.

For instance Futaba uses FASST, FrSky uses ACCST, Spektrum uses DSM2 and DSMX and so on.

They are all 2.4GHz systems, but speak different 'languages'.

Thanks for explaining this. Definitely cheaper to replace the receivers. I have two flysky I6 transmitter s, turnigy, and a cheap hobby king plus a few of the old ones.

I love cornish pasties**🌎 From Wisconsin lead mines pasty stayed, miners left.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭

Yep. Ya can't beat a decent Oggie - Blakes in a small town called Liskeard do the best non-home baked ones!

Go for FrSky receivers and one of their transmitters - such as Taranis X9D Plus or the X10 and you will be set for ever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file