Lipo vs LiHV vs Others

Rich95Rich95 Club Members Posts: 7

Hi gang;

It's been a number of years since I was in the hobby and I've recently pulled out my drone once again to start flying. It is this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-black-widow-260-fpv-racer-rtf-set-mode-2.html

I have a couple of old HobbyKing Zippy's 3S 1300mah Lipos but they have no charge or punch anymore so I would like to purchase new batteries.

I saw that there's now these LiHV batteries. The website claims they are lighter and charger faster than lipos. Is that true? More importantly, can they be charged with the typical existing Lipo chargers that I already have? Or, is there another alternative I am not aware of?

I presume for this drone, which is a little one, I need to buy batteries that are small and light so probably no larger than 1500mah? Any link suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Richard

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭

LiHv do need a charger with LiHv capability. Charging with normal LiPo settings will result in undercharging which defeats the object of the extra bit of punch you get with the LiHv.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file