Futaba and FySky compatability

Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 103

I am totally confused there are so many different protocols in brands with Futabaand FrSky operate on the same transmitters?

I bought a JR GX8 only to find the DMS2 and DMSX will ot work they use DMSS now???

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭
    edited March 28

There are many transmitters available that are capable of controlling multiple 2.4GHz protocols, such as the 'Jumper' series, modified FlySky 9X and clones, FrSky radios with multi-protocol modules fitted, Walkera Devention transmitters and more.

The newer Futaba S-FHSS and FHSS protocols are able to be controlled by the various transmitters and relevant modules. 

However, for the Futaba FASST protocol, only genuine Futaba transmitters and their own proprietry module are compatible. There are 'compatible' FASST receivers from OrangeRX, FrSky and others.

It can indeed be a minefield with so many protocols, but it does provide interference proofing!

• Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 103

Thanks! Tell me about it? My last buy was a JR XG8 thinking it would replace my old faithful JR X9303. But no it is DMSS not DMS2 and DMSX I had a lot of time and faith in my old JR. But times have changed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file