Cant find arm function on tx6i

Frederick DeluccieFrederick Deluccie Club Members Posts: 13

I purchased a Tx6i for my heli and after pulling my hair out for days trying to get this thing programmed I finally downloaded the manual and in the manual it says for the throttle hold to use the arm function in the menu the only problem is that on my Tx6i there is no ARM function anywhere in the menu. What am I missing here?

Comments

• Frederick DeluccieFrederick Deluccie Club Members Posts: 13

Also I have tried to use the throttle hold in the menu but it works as the 3D switch

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1

The ARM function is for multicopters, not fixed wing or helis.

You need to read Page 9 of the manual. It refers to 'gas' engines, but is relevant for electrics too.

Change the allocated switch from 3 pos to the one you want should do the trick.

Yes but in the manual it has throttle cut and in my menu don’t see that at all the only thing I can find is in assign switches is thr. Hold that allows for switch assignment and off or on but no adjustments

https://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff513/Cardin33/Mobile Uploads/2019-03/8E971BBA-21A3-467F-8E1F-F9E9215947B3.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff513/Cardin33/Mobile Uploads/2019-03/F40452F9-1F9F-4F62-B60C-920E65482FBE.jpg

edited March 2

Set to Mode: On. Then on the channel monitor screen, what channel does the switch affect and how?

I have it on switch 7 on when I flip it my throttle goes to full so it’s ch. 3 and acts like the 3D switche

Ah! Check it is set to -100% - see page 9 of the manual where it shows 50%. Change that to zero or -100 (cant remember if its 0% to 100% or -100% to +100% with the 6i)

Where can I change the values at ? The only place that I can see that I can change values for switches is under duel rate/exp. I can’t try it out right now because I broke some parts messing with this in my living room parts are already ordered and thanks for your help so far

Oppps what broke?

Well something got sucked up into the blades when they stared spinning and broke the anti rotation guide and put a nice nic in one of my blades so I’m not going to be able to see if this adjustment works but I am able to go into the menu under ( rate/exp ) and make a value adjustment

Ouch.

Golden rule No.1 broken there then.

Never run a heli when initially setting it up with blades on. To not do so is crazy.

I have a lot of helis, from 250 up to 600 class, and previously 700 glowplug, and NEVER have blades on unless setting pitch angles etc., and when doing that the motor is disconnected.

There is absolutely no need to have blades on to check any motor related operations. Take them off and leave them off until your throttle cut works.

Just out of interest, what helicopter is it?, as even a little 250 class Trex can be lethal if it lets go.

A few years ago I had a Trex 450 sent to me to repair that had spooled up in a chaps living room whilst - funnily enough - setting throttle cut. It hit his sofa, 40in TV, and a framed picture before he managed to shut it off in panic mode. All were badly damaged. He was lucky it missed him.

It’s a blade 330x and yeah I know what I was doing was dangerous but people who smoke also know it causes lung cancer but think it’s going to be the other person that gets it not them. All was going good until I left a small plastic bag with an allen head wrench to close. Needless to say I still have all my fingers and both my eyes so lesson learned.
    And yes you would think I would be more smart because It was just a couple weeks ago reading about someone up north that almost took half his head off with one of theses things.

But no I didn’t even think about taking the blades off I’m going to do that this afternoon

Thanks for that tip I’m still learning this stuff. I know how to fly pretty decent starting to learn some 3D flight but I am in the dark on on all this setup stuff. I remember everyone telling me how hard it was to fly heli’s and learning but to me that was the easy part the tech stuff and setup plus maintenance is what I need to learn.

I do know what I need to start thinking about first though is safety because that guy I was talking about I seen the picture he did damn near cut half his head off

Yeah we have all done it. I had four hours of surgery on my hand, due to a split second lapse of concentration with a large multirotor. Powered it down and rather ironically went in the wrong way to its 'safety' switch before the props had stopped. 17" razor sharp carbon fibre prop hits hard. Ahem! Lol!

you Know these things are basically like flying lawnmowers lol
    So you got into the quadcopters what are they like to fly?

Yeah they are powerful beasties.

Have had a few multicopters, but flying them is childsplay. Autolevel, head free controls and so forth make them real easy to handle. Boring compared to collective helis to be truthful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file