Part Availability!

Erik MillerErik Miller Club Members Posts: 2

I recently purchased the 1/10 scale Desert Fox buggy. Although it looks great, the durability has been suspect. Both sets of suspension holders have broken and getting replacement parts has been extremely difficult. The first to break was the front suspension holder. The plastic version was out of stock at both Hong Kong and USA warehouses. When I chatted with customer service, they recommended I purchase the $20 aluminum version from Hong Kong ($27 with shipping) vs. the $1.16 plastic. I did so and waiting 3 weeks for the part.

With the front fixed and the Fox running again, it wasn't long before the rear suspension holder snapped. This time; however, there are no plastic or aluminum parts at either warehouse and there is NO ETA on when they will be in stock. When chatting with customer service , they stated the parts won't be in until mid May! Also, I can add them to my wish list so that I can alerted if and when they are in stock before then.

My experience with HobbyKing thus far has been extremely disturbing. I purchased the car in late December and have used it no more than 4 hours. If HobbyKing cannot get their supply chain in order, I cannot consider buying anything from them nor recommend any of my fellow RC enthusiasts to buy from them.

Comments

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 30

You should check out the Desert Fox thread at rcgroups.com. There you can find plenty of advice to what parts from other cars can fit the HK Desert Fox. It's a really nice car, but the spares go out of stock quick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file