Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SKU- HK500CMT-TT (HK-500CMT (TT) 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit Align T-Rex Compat.)

Joe ArnaudJoe Arnaud Club Members Posts: 2

I am getting into my retiring phase and I am trying to start a hobby. Since I am new to the RC world I would really appreciate some help getting started. I am considering to start with the above helicopter model. My first question is what do I really need to buy to get it ready to fly. Question 2. Can someone from hobby king send me the required list and prices complete with shipping to Malta Europe, PLEASE.
Another problem that I am noticing is the shipping cost , it is far too expensive. To give you an idea I was going to buy some tee-shirts, for just 5 euros the shipping cost to Malta was 32 Euros which does not make sense.
I would really like to give this hobby a try I think is will be fun.
My personal email to send me all details is [email protected] Thanks in advance to you all.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭

I would not consider that helicopter suitable for a newcomer to RC flying - the torque tube tails are far too unforgiving, with the slightest touch of the tail rotor blades on any surface will strip gears resulting in total loss of tail control. When that happens, with helis this size, it wrecks things big time.
    You really are best advised to get a heli with a belt driven tail.

Another thing to consider is the simple fact that these type of collective pitch helicopters are not at all easy to fly. They are the most difficult RC models to master, and you will without doubt crash an awful lot. It can be done though - I did it seven years ago and had great fun and a lot of frustration! Haha!!

I am shortly off to work, but will email you over the weekend with some useful info to get you started.

• Joe ArnaudJoe Arnaud Club Members Posts: 2

Thank you very much. Highly appreciated and looking forward to your advice.

• Mike ChristophMike Christoph Club Members Posts: 10

..look closely, hobbyking do NOT have spare parts in stock for these helicopters...and as a beginner you will need parts

Absolutely. Crashing collective helis is mandatory! Haha!
    However, there are still a vast amount of spares around for pretty much any of the HK Align 'clones' (mostly manufactured by GARTT) - of the Align, Tarot and many unbranded parts, including motors (the 500 class motor GARTT supply is a beauty and VERY cheap!) that can be used. And bar the genuine Align parts, the others are often cheaper overall than the HK bits were!!

• William PowersWilliam Powers Club Members Posts: 4

I also bought the HK-500 TT. I cant find servos that fit the frame cut outs. Could someone recommend 3 HT collective and 1 HS tail servos?

• juanritrujuanritru Club Members Posts: 1

hola! Necesito varios repuesto de helicopteros hk500. Hobbi king no tiene en existencias, le agradecería, cuando podían tenerlo la verdad es que me urge mucho .muy agradecido

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file