XT60U (XT60 Upgraded) Male & Female (5 Sets)

AMIT SIDIAMIT SIDI Club Members Posts: 21

Good morning, I ordered a lot of products from you, I tried to solder but the plastic melt connector. In my opinion, the quality of these connectors is not good, and this situation would not happen to me in the usual connectors, you write that it is a higher quality, I'm very disappointed !! I would like to receive compensation. I'd like to receive an answer ?
I've added photos to see what it looks like !!!

Comments

• AMIT SIDIAMIT SIDI Club Members Posts: 21

Good morning, I ordered a lot of products from you, I tried to solder but the plastic melt connector. In my opinion, the quality of these connectors is not good, and this situation would not happen to me in the usual connectors, you write that it is a higher quality, I'm very disappointed !! I would like to receive compensation. I'd like to receive an answer ?
    I've added photos to see what it looks like !!!

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 438 admin

@AMIT SIDI Please contact HobbyKing Customer Services Directly about your issue and they should be able to resolve your problem.

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-us/articles/203662684-Live-Chat-and-Email-Support

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

Trick is to plug male and female together before soldering (NOT with battery connected when soldering connector to ESC, to prevent inadvertent shorting). Also a high wattage soldering iron. Is required to get the heat into the metal quickly. Too long spent heating the solder/wire caused the exact issue you are seeing.

• barbebarbe Club Members Posts: 1
    edited March 26

Hi wtwuk! What wattage soldering iron you recommend for this , please? Thanks!

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

Nothing lower than 100watt.

• tagora 35tagora 35 france dept 35Club Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited March 26

80 watts should be enough ( mine) trick of wtwuk is very good that's how I do it too

• Henrik FrischeHenrik Frische Club Members Posts: 2

80 Watt is enough.

the Trick is to be fast with soder, heat up your iron and then first soder the wire it should fill with tin. In the second step take the connector and meld a little bit tin on the Connector. Then the filled tin wire on the Connector, so you won't get too much temperature on the Connector.

When you make this too long, your plastics will melt and the connector is broken.

Hope i can help you, we make this on every Battery we have. I thin 100- 200 every Year

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file