Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$49.03 - $51.37 shipping charge on a $11.66 Turnigy Micro Tachometer that weighs 89g? Say what?!!!!

TurbobeaverTurbobeaver Club Members Posts: 166 ✭✭

Did a dry order run on a simple Turnigy Micro Tachometer and scared the [email protected]#t out of myself.To Ontario,Canada(K0G1S0),two shipping options were given:
UPS Express Saver - $49.03
Fedex Priority - $51.37
I can order a DIY watch kit from HK and it also contains a CR2032 watch battery as well. The cheapest shipping charge for the watch kit was only $4.51 so why the ultra expensive shipping charges on a simple tachometer that weighs half as much as the watch kit with the exact same battery. Just another thing that is driving us HK customers nuts as of late with this "new and improved" HK website.I point this out to hopefully help improve things for all.

Comments

• Jeff HoJeff Ho Club Members Posts: 13

I guess the reason is the Turnigy Micro Tachometer contains a Li Battery and it disabled the few dollars postal shipping options, but sticking with Fedex/UPS for DG consideration and hence more expensive.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭

Correct but VERY unrealistic, as it can be shipped legally with the lower cost post options IF HobbyKing listed it in the correct shipping classes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file