Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disillusioned with HobbyKing

Stephen BelshawStephen Belshaw Club Members Posts: 5

Getting disillusioned with the HobbyKing experience, the website is tediously slow with a next to useless search function making the whole thing virtually unuseable. On top of that an awful lot of products are out of stock, even basic items like white covering film. Whilst prices are be displayed in local currency I'm always charged USD which means I carry the risk of rate fluctuation and I get hit with either a fixed fee by my bank or a terrible exchange rate from paypal. The final straw was an order not turning up (nearly four weeks and counting), terrible customer service on chat and HobbyKing hiding behind disingenous shipping costs and T&C's. I'm badly out of pocket as a reuslt and they've just lost a platinum customer. Toby Osmond, are you listening?

Comments

• Stephen BelshawStephen Belshaw Club Members Posts: 5

Getting disillusioned with the HobbyKing experience, the website is tediously slow with a next to useless search function making the whole thing virtually unuseable. On top of that an awful lot of products are out of stock, even basic items like white covering film. Whilst prices are be displayed in local currency I'm always charged USD which means I carry the risk of rate fluctuation and I get hit with either a fixed fee by my bank or a terrible exchange rate from paypal. The final straw was an order not turning up (nearly four weeks and counting), terrible customer service on chat and HobbyKing hiding behind disingenous shipping costs and T&C's. I'm badly out of pocket as a reuslt of my order going missing and they've just lost a platinum customer. Toby Osmond, are you listening, do you even care?

• HobbyKing_CEOHobbyKing_CEO Club Members Posts: 128 admin

@Stephen Belshaw I hear you loud and clear. I'll address each issue individually:

• slow website - we know and it's driving us nuts too. We're working on optimisations to fix it as we speak.
    • Poor search function - we're implementing a best in class search function to replace the current SOLR solution
    • Being charged in USD - looks like you're in the UK, if you pay by credit card you'll be charged in GBP (only our PayPal is locked to USD)
    • Covering film out of stock - it's due in the UK and NL warehouse early March. Should be in the HK WH in Feb.
    • Poor Customer Service - I'll look into your interaction
    • Missing order - again, I'll look into this for you

As you can imagine there's plenty we can improve on and we're absolutely working on it. Do I care? yes!

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭

Best in class search function? What one you going for Toby? Elastisearch? Sphinx? GSA??

Toby, thank you for your reply - it is appreciated.

I have paid by debit card and each time it has been a USD conversion which has meant a fee charged by my bank - not good.

Re. the white film, March is a long way off and it has been out of stock for ages now!

Yes, I am very upset about my missing order and the fact I have lost money dealing with HobbyKing, for your reference this is the order 101689004

@Stephen Belshaw you seem to have two registered addresses in our system. One is Hungarian and the other is in the UK. This parcel has been shipped to the Hungarian address. Out of interest, is the Hungarian address your PayPal "ship to" address?

As we're getting into the nitty gritty (which will eventually involve your personal details) I'll have a CS manager contact you directly to resolve.

@WTWUK said:
    Best in class search function? What one you going for Toby? Elastisearch? Sphinx? GSA??

You'll have to wait and see ;)

Don't forget RIRO though Toby ... heheh

edited January 10

@HobbyKing_CEO said:
    @Stephen Belshaw you seem to have two registered addresses in our system. One is Hungarian and the other is in the UK. This parcel has been shipped to the Hungarian address. Out of interest, is the Hungarian address your PayPal "ship to" address?

As we're getting into the nitty gritty (which will eventually involve your personal details) I'll have a CS manager contact you directly to resolve.

Toby, UK is my billing address, Hungary is my shipping address. I look forward to contact from your CS manager.

A quick update on this. A HK customer care rep has been in contact with me and I am now awaiting a refund for the missing items, so Toby, thank you for that.

Just for clarification, I hve placed another small order, this time using PayPal (first time as I usually pay by bank debit card) which cost me approx. 5% in exchange rates. So whichever option I choose to pay I am incurring feees or exchange costs. Is this right??

@HobbyKing_CEO said:
    @Stephen Belshaw I hear you loud and clear. I'll address each issue individually:

• Being charged in USD - looks like you're in the UK, if you pay by credit card you'll be charged in GBP (only our PayPal is locked to USD)

Both payment options incurr currency exchange fees. You need to check on that Toby.

@WTWUK said:

Both payment options incurr currency exchange fees. You need to check on that Toby.

Yes, will check on this.

• jun228532jun228532 Club Members Posts: 3

请问我想买配件,TURNIGY骑兵短卡配件,型号是30236+30079,30236是悬臂轴销,30079是卡簧。有其他牌子的替代品吗?

@jun228532 said:
    请问我想买配件,TURNIGY骑兵短卡配件,型号是30236+30079,30236是悬臂轴销,30079是卡簧。有其他牌子的>

最好联系客服了谢谢

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file