Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please can you answer my question re the #30103 Lipo belt drive starter replacement silicone insert

sqiryl15sqiryl15 Club Members Posts: 17

Hi Ian,
My friend and I have purchased your #30103 Lipo belt drive starters and are more than pleased with the quality and torque. We really like the silicone insert that sticks to the larger plane’s spinner - without chewing out like rubber ones you can buy.
Unfortunately Hobbyking don’t have replacement silicone inserts available. You do have the rubber ones but why can’t we have the vastly superior silicone inserts as they are designed for large engines with large spinners?
Please help us out here.
Cheers,
Nic in Australia.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I will put in a request with the product buyers but there is no guarantee we'll get those in.

• sqiryl15sqiryl15 Club Members Posts: 17

Ian, are you saying you can’t guarantee hobbyking stocking the most basic part that makes this starter one of the best around. Are you saying “that’s too bad” and “if the silicone insert wears out out, you’ll just have to buy a new starter”? Why is everything so hard for you guys.

• Hobbyking_IanHobbyking_Ian Club Members Posts: 158 mod
    edited February 18

No, that's not what I said. I said I'll try my best to source the part for you, however, there is no guarantee that I'll be able to source it.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭

Half saying it... lol

• sqiryl15sqiryl15 Club Members Posts: 17

Oh well, the starter has now blown a brush or something and “she no go!”. So I’ve now bought another HK starter which in effect has provided me with a spare silicone spinner... at only $100, it’s a bargain!

But don’t give up trying to source them Ian. Those silicone inserts are gold!

• Hobbyking_IanHobbyking_Ian Club Members Posts: 158 mod

The Silicone insert is due to arrive mid May

SKU 9122000016-0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file