What is HK doing to fix the problem with c130 props?

Tim NelsonTim Nelson Club Members Posts: 1

I purchased the new C130 from HK and couldn’t even fly it. The prop broke DURING TAKE OFF ROLL and now I have this $300 paper weight. I have been more than Patient.

Answers

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 438 admin
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

Warranty claim!!!

• ACAC Club Members Posts: 14

This is what a prop failure in flight does. :'(

• Michael ShermanMichael Sherman Club Members Posts: 4

Any video of the failure? I have a new C-130 that needs maidening and now concerned.

Ah damn. Sorry to see FA in that state...

• James T KirkJames T Kirk Club Members Posts: 7

Hmm ... seems to be quality control issues with esc's/props/hinges ......i was looking forwards to release of this plane ... going to hold off on buying untill things get sorted out ....

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

To start, there's nothing wrong with the props. That being said, we have re-worked the props and are now stocking the V2 upgraded version. Those that purchased the C-130 will get notified of the option to have new props sent. If need be contact CS/PS here:

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-us/articles/203662684-Live-Chat-and-Email-Support

Nothing wrong with thrm, but we produced a V2 version... Ahem!!!

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

@WTWUK said:
    Nothing wrong with thrm, but we produced a V2 version... Ahem!!!

How often (and be honest) do you see a product marked as "New and Improved?" Quite often I imagine. Most often it does not mean the previous version was faulty.

6 posts above ... in flight fail. That is a lot of money converted to snow due to a prop with nothing wrong with it does it not?

First post up top ... prop let go on take-off roll ...

I wonder if those two owners (and there are others btw) see the props as not faulty?

And as far as 'new and improved' generally does not mean previous versions were faulty, but can also cover a multitude of sins.

Maybe a batch of Herc props were faulty, maybe the design is in error ... it happens!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file