foam planes

fatima croques-hillfatima croques-hill Club Members Posts: 2

Hi all, my sons are due to join a model flying club, they have had tester days and loved the experience. They are aged 11 and 13. I have been advised to get a large foam plane - like an apprentice type. Does anyone have any specific recommendations for planes. They will invariably crash them and therefore I am looking at foam. also when I purchase the plane to I have to buy the remote control kit separately or do they come with them?
many thanks

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭

Bixlers would be ideal for first flying experience in the sad absence of the AXN Floater Jet.

You would need a radio set, and the decider on this is how much you want to spend ... prices from about £30 to sky high ...

• hotdrone16hotdrone16 Club Members Posts: 17

Bixler 2 great plane for beginners.

• fatima croques-hillfatima croques-hill Club Members Posts: 2

My sons are joining the model flying club. I have been advised to look at appreontice planes or similar types as a first flying plane - can you advise which foam plane is a good starter - ( I am keen not to spend an extortionate amount for the first planes but been told to get a large one as it will enhance the experience) - I have looked at the tundra, durafly, hking ( my eldest son is very good with tinkling so can add to the plane etc
    . also do the planes come with remote controls or is that a separate acquisition
    thank you in advance

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Already answered in your original post.

http://forum.hobbyking.com/discussion/72489/foam-planes#latest

• fatima croques-hillfatima croques-hill Club Members Posts: 2

thank you will look at them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file