How To Get Your Hands on the Avios C-130!

HobbyKing MarketingHobbyKing Marketing Club Members Posts: 11 mod

In case you missed the news, HobbyKing has announced the release of the highly anticipated Avios C-130. Featuring a wingspan of 1600mm with fully sequenced landing gear, working cargo door, navigation lights and scale props the C-130 is a masterpiece. It is the only true scale representation of the mighty C-130.
In a HobbyKing first, they have announced an exclusive limited pre-release for the chance to own the highly anticipated model before anyone else. The AVIOS C-130 is a very popular model, and numbers are strictly limited so in order to be one of the first to own the Avios C-130, you must register for the exclusive pre-release from Avios.

Entries close on Monday the 19th of November and winners will be notified via email on the 20th of November. Below are all the details you need to know about this exclusive pre-release.

FAQs: Avios C-130 Pre-Release
Is this a pre-order or pre-release?

This is a pre-release! This means stock is available in all warehouses and is ready to ship immediately after purchase. Access to purchase will strictly be only available to successful registration entrants.

Is this a competition to win the C-130?

No, this is NOT a competition to win the C-130. This is an opportunity to be one of the first to buy this model. Once you have registered, you will be randomly selected for the opportunity to access the pre-release.

How many times can I enter the form?

Once per email address. If you have previously signed up with the same email address multiple times, don’t stress, but we’ll only count it as one entry.
If I enter the form am I committed to buying the plane?**

No. Even if you are successful you are not committed to buying the C-130, until you have placed an order of the model on our website.

Will I be able to see the final price before purchasing?

If you are a successful entrant you will be able to see the final price to review before purchasing the model.

If I am successful, is there a limit to how many models I can buy?

Yes, you can only buy one model.

If I am successful, how long do I have to be able to purchase this model?

48 hours only!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/how-to-get-your-hands-on-the-avios-c-130

Comments

• Martin Schienbein-SchaeferMartin Schienbein-Schaefer Club Members Posts: 1

Any idea when the luck guys will be informed? Because its already noon in Germany

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭

Already have been notified.

Release to us mere underlings will not be until 2019 ... so look at around December 2025 ....

• g00semang00seman United KingdomClub Members Posts: 344 ✭✭

yep 2019, i wasnt one of the lucky 2 LMAO
    Slays me how they cannot know the release price, must be so bloody expensive they dont want to scare buyers off too soon

Yep. Sweepstake on the price. Winner gets nothing..

I reckon $460 +/-10bucks

• mrmat01mrmat01 Club Members Posts: 6

Come on HK don't leave us hanging a release date & price please.

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 30

@WTWUK said:
    Yep. Sweepstake on the price. Winner gets nothing..

I reckon $460 +/-10bucks

Yeah and another $200 for shipping + VAT. $800 for a foamie? Nice price per pound for foam.

edited November 2018

Free shipping from the UK warehouse no VAT to pay, but at £257 it can stay there.

Where are you that requires VAT to be due?

• JetMech2002JetMech2002 Club Members Posts: 27

I got the email and was not able to access the link. After several attempts, contacted customer support as you suggested at RCGroups. They gave me a link that did not work as well. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I am truly interested. Thank you.

• HobbyKing MarketingHobbyKing Marketing Club Members Posts: 11 mod

Hi @JetMech2002 please try logging out of your account and re-logging in and they try the link again. If that still doesn't please DM me your email address and I can look into this for you! :)

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 30

@WTWUK said:
    Free shipping from the UK warehouse no VAT to pay, but at £257 it can stay there.

Where are you that requires VAT to be due?

In European Union... I wrote in the assumption that they ship them from HK warehouse. Only shipping options here for anything over 500g is UPS or FedEx. It's still better than Spain, where they just don't ship at all.

They ship from all warehouses.

• Robert BartolucciRobert Bartolucci Club Members Posts: 6

Hi all, question, what do you think the Avios C-130 1600mm will cost??

• kerryrkerryr Club Members Posts: 3

Hi All, I guess I was one of the Lucky one's. I got the email on the 23 Nov and ordered it on the 24th, $328.82 with free shipping from USA warehouse. Arrived this Thursday. Started the assembly today. It has very nice water slide decals and the models looks great assembled.....Now the bad part.. No Manual in the kit and it is not on the Hobbyking web site. Found it on rcgroup's in one of the promo adds. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/how-to-get-your-hands-on-the-avios-c-130 The flaps and ramp door have very specific directions in the manual for setting up the radio, I followed it to the letter, the servos failed before I could get one wing setup. The two flap servo's on the left wing were DOA, the aileron servo worked, the right wing servo's all worked, the rudder servo failed during setup, worked for 10 minutes then stopped, my servo tester showed it dead. The ramp door servo worked for 30 seconds then smoke came out and it melted. Nose gear steering works fine when the aircraft is upside down, but when right side up the linkage from the servo connecting to the steering arm slides down and jams the nose gear hard over. Getting the ramp door servo out was no fun, all servos are glued in the foam, then they taped all the servo wires in the fuse to keep them out of the way of the main gear. I gave up tonight and went to dinner.... before I smashed the thing :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file