Re align display on JR X9303 Transmitter

Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 103

I attempted a back light mod from Pro Hobbies on my faithful JR X9303 transmitter only to find the display will not align.

I would like to know if I can buy a new display or how to fix old one it worked great before I attempted the mod??
Leave things alone if working I guess? More fool me??

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

What did you do? Is the lcd image out of line - as in blurred, or just out of line in the casing?

• Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews Club Members Posts: 103

In order to fit the backlighting you have to open the lcd display. But on assembly only lines. I extended the cable to the display in order to juggle the three parts but still no joy.

I feel sure the parts are in the same order I removed them. The contacts on the display and circuit board are very fine. I had to put it away I ran out of patience with it. I wrote to Pro Hobbies to see if they could sell me a new readout but no reply. I think the JR people are long gone for parts?

Yes out of line in the casing for sure!!!!!!

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Any chance you can upload a couple of photos? If it is still working, it should be fixable...

The contacts are fine, and can easily be damaged if they hace any carbon traces.

I see nothing but lines. I made up a lead to operate it out of the transmitter but still no joy I have given up and bought a FySky Horus s12x with the JR Module.

I am sure I have not put the display backwards?? I was very careful not to do that. But it seems my only hope. Frustration plus I had to give up. As you say so many contacts and traces not easy. Thank you anyhow. Kind regards Dennis

I finally gave up and bought a JR X9503 from America second-hand, I am told it is new never been used? Thanks for your help it was much appreciated thank you so much. It was becoming a mind issue so had to solve the only way I know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file