using the s-video cable,from master to slave and visa-vesa they will simply not work, any ideas

sirgarfieldsirgarfield Club Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

using the s-video cable for my two TDXi from master to slave and visa-versa they simply not work, any ideas

Best Answer

• sirgarfieldsirgarfield Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

ok, I got the buddy cable to work. It required major surgery I have a 1.5 meter s-video so I cut It half and tried numerous wire connections while the controllers where configured as master and slave, both controllers are td6i and master was bound to the aircraft .So this how I figured it, un shielded wires from both sides are joined together, i soldered all my connections, the red and black wires from both sides are bundled together and soldered,this leaves brown and a very pale wire,guess what you have to do, yup, the wires from both sides of the cable are
    bundled together and soldered.
    the only down side the slave model had no control over throttle , this may be normal or not, I will look into it. The switch use to control master and slave works perfectly , I hope this helps other , and all ways available to discuss this topic Regards Gary

Answers

• sirgarfieldsirgarfield Club Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

HI Katy,I have tried the s-video cable in all types of imaginative ways and I can not get a master and slave working to buddy box two TDXI together to help my friend fly. have you got any ideas that may help,
    Gary

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

What transmitter is it? Cant find a TDXi anywhere ....

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭

Dupkicate post ... see your other one

My mistake, I meant TD6i, no matter how I configure them they just wont allow a master and a slave using the s- video cable. so no signal can pass to the aircraft. I do however get a " s"" indication on the tx that is to be the slave but no indication on the selected master tx. any ideas would be very helpful,
    thanks Gary

HI Katy, again I have stuffed up, the radios being used are TX6I, sometimes im just a servo short in the head
    Regards gary

TDX 6 buddy cable solve ,,see post

should be TD6i 100% completely solved buddy cable is up and running with great results..check it out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file