Avios Grand Tundra Lighting System

Yann BantockYann Bantock Club Members Posts: 1
edited April 8 in Avios RC Planes

Hi,
I have two Grand Tundras as I keep one on floats and as a spare. The nav lights on the wings com on all the time which is good and I can switch the landing lights on from the Tx via an aux channel on the Rx. The model is supplied with a belly and tail light with loose connectors inside the back of the fuselage. my question is how should they be powered up?
Thanks

Yann

Comments

• Michael GrayMichael Gray Club Members Posts: 0

No user manual is a big disappointment for an otherwise great RC model aeroplane kit. Fortunately, much of the assembly is obvious, but the wiring isn't! Some is labelled, some isn't. Can anybody provide a wiring/connections diagram, please.

• Adrian ForsythAdrian Forsyth Club Members Posts: 1

I have recently taken delivery of a Grand Tundra. Being relatively new to electronic rc aircraft, I am unsure of how to connect the associated wiring. As there is no indication in the downloaded manual, would you please provide a wiring diagram.

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

All LEDs are typically powered via the RX using "Y" leads.

• Colin SparrowColin Sparrow Club Members Posts: 1

Same problem here - how do you connect the various led lights?

• Christian CLAIREFONDChristian CLAIREFOND Club Members Posts: 1

Hello Mr Hobby King
    please a file with wiring diagram on the Grand Tundra page
    to connect LEDs and module for the lights...

• Thomas ZawodnyThomas Zawodny Club Members Posts: 3

Bought t the Avios Grand Tundra - Blue/Silver 1700mm (67") Sports Model (PNF) as a Christmas present for myself late last year (2018). Assembling it now; downloaded the manual. Do not see any directions for connecting the 2 rear LEDs; also, do not seem to have 'parts' to connect/activate these LEDs. Where can I get this info ???

• Jeffrey HallJeffrey Hall Club Members Posts: 1

Get several servo Y wire splitter wires. I was able to get a triple Y with one connector that plugs into the RX and it splits into 3 leads. If you can’t find one of those just use 2 Y splitter cables. Search on *******, eBay or your local hobby shop.

I connected the Y splitter cable to my rudder output on the RX and just plugged in the fuselage lights to the Y (triple Y in my case). But you could use any channel output (I would not use throttle but that’s just me)

The landing lights were not so obvious as I am using spectrum TX and initially putting the landing lights on a splitter from the flap channel didn’t work. But going into settings and travel on my TX I was able to change the travel of the flaps in a way that made the landing light ‘off’ when flaps up, blink with takeoff flaps and solid with landing flaps.

Jeffery Hall: Please provide a diagram or two.

@Jeffrey Hall said:
    The landing lights were not so obvious as I am using spectrum TX and initially putting the landing lights on a splitter from the flap channel didn’t work. But going into settings and travel on my TX I was able to change the travel of the flaps in a way that made the landing light ‘off’ when flaps up, blink with takeoff flaps and solid with landing flaps.

What 'magic' did you use to get the landing lights to blink ??? I plan to use my Spektrm DX8 and would love more info on 'controlling' the landing lights. Would also appreciate any/all info on connecting all the lights because the included manual says NOTHING about connecting any/all the lights.

• RonsterRonster Club Members Posts: 17
    edited July 28

In daylight the landing, in fact all lights are hardly noticeable. Save battery and give a little longer flight time by not connecting them, unless flying at dusk. It is nice to have them, but what is the point if they are hardly visible!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file