Really odd binding problem

Steve KerrySteve Kerry Club Members Posts: 8

I have a Spektrum DX4e transmitter, which has DSM2 and DSMx capability. For this discussion, it's on DSM2.
I have an OrangeRx R610V2 receiver, which is DSM2 only.

Problem is, I can't get the tx to bind with the rx.

I took the gear to a club meeting tonight, with the intention of figuring out which part was faulty. If my tx could bind another rx, that would mean my tx is okay and my rx is bad. But if my rx could bind to another tx, that would mean my rx is okay and my tx is bad. Sounds logical?

The result:

• my tx will bind with another rx.
  • my rx will bind with another tx.
  • my tx and rx will NOT bind with each other.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

I have already tried binding from a distance (20' away, sometimes in the next room) and that didn't work.

At this rate I'm tempted to go back to 35mHz, at least that worked!

Tagged:

Comments

• Gary49Gary49 Club Members Posts: 46 mod

Not sure how you have been trying to bind R610V2 rx with your DX4e but try this method (unless you have already tried it). Put the bind plug into the correct port of the rx, do not have any servo's or anything plugged in at the same time. Power up the rx with a suitable power source, I usually use a 6v rx battery. The LED will then start flashing to say it is in bind mode, set the controls on your tx to their failsafe positions. Switch on the tx whilst holding the trainer/bind button, hold this until the LED on the rx goes off then release the button and wait, the LED should then come back on, it will either be solid or it may flash, either is usually ok. Remove the power source from the rx, switch of tx and remove bind plug. Switch on Tx, power up the rx and the LED should come on solid to tell you that the system has bound.

• Steve KerrySteve Kerry Club Members Posts: 8

@Gary49 said:
    Not sure how you have been trying to bind R610V2 rx with your DX4e but try this method (unless you have already tried it). Put the bind plug into the correct port of the rx, do not have any servo's or anything plugged in at the same time. Power up the rx with a suitable power source, I usually use a 6v rx battery. The LED will then start flashing to say it is in bind mode, set the controls on your tx to their failsafe positions. Switch on the tx whilst holding the trainer/bind button, hold this until the LED on the rx goes off then release the button and wait

Yep, I'm with you up to that point.

the LED should then come back on, it will either be solid or it may flash, either is usually ok.

It goes from fast flashing to slow flashing, which is what it should do. Then it stops flashing, and the LED goes out. No light, no response, nothing.

I've just ordered another receiver, when that arrives I'll try it again and see what happens...

• Gary49Gary49 Club Members Posts: 46 mod

I find the timing of when you release the bind button can be quite tempremental sometimes, try varying slightly when you release the bind button.

• Steve KerrySteve Kerry Club Members Posts: 8

Thanks Gary, I've managed to bind several other rx's to this tx now, but got nowhere with this particular R610V2 rx. It was on sale so I'll probably just declare it a dud and get another one - at £3.50 it's not worth returning. Perhaps if/when I get an Orange Tx, or a more up-market Spektrum, it will work with one of those.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file