Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V3.0

hobiehobie Club Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

I've been using the above Quanum telemetry system to monitor my battery status on all my electric planes from almost the start of the product becoming available ..... the Quanum product is no longer available and I dread the day if my existing equipment gives in after so much brilliant work (I have one spare set) ..... I use Futaba 2.4 radios (6 and 7 and the most recent set 8fg and I have all my planes setup with Futaba 2.4 Rx's (or equivalent) so the option for me to change over to a more modern Tx set with Telemetry built in is not really financially viable .....

The Quanum setup gives individual cell voltages .... total voltage ... low voltage warnings ..... Mah used ..... amps and temperature sensor

Frankly I could live with just total voltage if I had to, so my questions is ...... is there something available that could connect to my balance lead ..... transmit the voltage to say a standalone screen/Rx that I would mount beside my Futaba set ......

Comments

• jacciesjaccies Club Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yes it is a pity the Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V3.1 is
    discontinued

• jacciesjaccies Club Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yes it is a pity the Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V3.0 is
    discontinued, this is a standalone unit so not dependent of receiver brands like Frsky. Nowhere else in the world you can buy such an standalone unit .
    I use the consumed mAh and cell voltage warning which gives me a safe feeling that when i land i always have 20% minimum capacity left. Why discontinue such a nice unit which does it job very good in safe flying !!!!!! Please bring it back on stock !!!
    On HK website it tells: Please continue searching for a similar product.
    But there is nothing to search for !!!! :'(:'(:'(

• hobiehobie Club Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Thanks for the info J ...... I agree entirely with you ..... why HK dropped this product is beyond me .... its sad that I must keep looking for an alternative :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file