Diamond 2600 Glider

MaximilionalphaMaximilionalpha 17044Club Members Posts: 590 ✭✭

I really miss the good ol' days, when hobbyking used to sell the nicer sized planes 2m and above that were also good for beginners and intermediate pilots alike. EasyFly Hobbyking Hall Glider, DG808, Ventus, Aether, Fox, Diamond 2600 and the list goes on and on. Seems like you guys stopped selling the best sailplanes/gliders, just to sell the crap gliders/sailplanes that you now sell. Any future planes to go back to selling those type of gliders?

Comments

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

We still have some good gliders. Check through here to see if anything strikes your fancy:
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/planes/gliders.html

• MaximilionalphaMaximilionalpha 17044Club Members Posts: 590 ✭✭

Nah...those aren't good, fun gliders, at least not to me. I'm going back to 2011, when the selection wasn't geared towards DLG's and hotliners, but foamies with 2m wingspans and even dg1000 with epoxy fuselage and the EasyFly Glider ST 330. I've been through your selection of newest gliders and noticed that you have about 3, maybe four floaters above the 2m mark. I just hope that one day soon, you guys will go back to stocking some of the gliders that I've mentioned....that is, if the manufacturers still produce them.

• Hobbyking_IanHobbyking_Ian Club Members, Unconfirmed Posts: 160 ✭✭

A lot of those factories are long gone Max.

• MaximilionalphaMaximilionalpha 17044Club Members Posts: 590 ✭✭

@Hobbyking_Ian said:
    A lot of those factories are long gone Max.

Well that sucks! It's always the good ones that go first :(

• hairykartshairykarts auk nzClub Members Posts: 649 ✭✭

Thats the problem today, thebuying public just buy easy to finish foamies and anything more difficult to build they don't want, and no demand = no sales!

• Jason PhelanJason Phelan Club Members Posts: 60

There is one motor glider that HobbyKing could re-release and by the sounds of you HK will make at least two sales.
    Super Dimona. Big. Based on a real motor glider so presses the scale buttons than some of us have (me!)

Also @Maxamilionalpha - have you noticed the Siai Marchelli model. I think it is new, or a re-release. 2.4 meter model of an advanced trainer. Not a motor glider I know, but built right (light) this will have a flight envelope somewhat similar to a Domona.

• zipp1001zipp1001 Club Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2018

@HobbyKing_Support said:
    We still have some good gliders. Check through here to see if anything strikes your fancy:
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/planes/gliders.html

Where is Phoenix EVO 2,6m-nice foamie? New Phonix 2k?
    And of course 2m+ balsa/epoxy gliders?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file