Desert Fox 1/10 Buggy Parts Availability

Marcel ZeilerMarcel Zeiler Club Members Posts: 1

Hello

Will it be a spare part supply in the future?
Waiting now 3 months for my order with spare parts for my Desert Fox.
Did not believe it at the beginning that HK has a bad spare parts supply but now I'm also of opinion.
Pity because the Desert Fox idel is for my little brother.
Now i must buy a other RC Car and it will not be from HK.

Edit.: Several attempts to write support were a waste of time.
"We have no information about when the parts are delivered by the supplier" standart answer from the support.

Comments

• Nick_HKNick_HK Club Members Posts: 89 ✭✭

Sorry to hear that, we had a huge problem with getting spares for this car but we have now found a way around them and the spares will be back in stock in HK sometime in April and we should not have any more issues with spares for this car. If you can give some specific examples of the parts you are after I may be able to be more specific in giving you an estimate for the stock arriving.

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 30

Hi Nick, it's me again. :smiley:
    It would be great if you could give us an estimate when the following parts might be in stock.
    -Front CVD's (These are so soft that they bend way too easily with 3S!)
    -Aluminium shocks. (The plastic ones are bad quality. One of my front shocks had the threads stripped from the factory!)
    -Clutch parts (The spur gear and clutch are not protected and stones get jammed in the gears and kill the clutch. We have had this happen to all tree cars several times, before I made a full enclosure for the gears and clutch.)

It is quite silly that you have these stock issues with spare parts. One could think that having spares to sell to customers would be in your best interests, because as the thing is now, you are losing sales and there for money. I have had to source parts from other stores, just because I don't want to wait weeks or months to use my RC thing and I should not have to.
    The spare parts situation has actually become so bad, that I am seriously thinking if I am going to keep buying my models from Hobby King any more. This is sad, as I do love my plastic things from Hobby King, but the lack of spares make them unusable.

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

Same here. Without talking about discontunued products after 1 or 2 years.
    Forunately i live in europe and we can get FTX/VRX parts there.

• George HardyGeorge Hardy Club Members Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm going to have the same issue as I am going to order a full aluminium suspension conversion (using some of the vandal parts as well) as my ex fiancée previously crashed the buggy into a skate ramp, snapping the rear suspension hinge pin holder and the shock and alas it's looking like there'll be quite the wait for the parts...
    I just hope that spares won't become discontinued prematurely (as they seem to have a tendancy of doing) as this is my only off road RC, besides this, I only have a Tamiya TT-01 Nitro (which is currently out of action due to a lack of parts) and an HPI RS4 Sport 3 Drift...
    Would be a shame if I was forced to shell out on something else du to parts availability as all off roaders get crashed and broken, it's just a standard of the category!
    The real pain is my only consideration besides the Desert Fox is the Traxxas Slash 4x4 which is a massive price increase in both initial purchasd and parts cost...

• Jonne RiekkiJonne Riekki Club Members Posts: 1

Hi Hobbyking team!

I gently hit the sidewalk edge and the part 382000017 (Upright) broke. I tried to find it from your website but nothing. Are you planning to add that in your inventory? Or is there a similar part from other model that would fit? Please help.

• Scott HanftScott Hanft Club Members Posts: 2

I placed a parts order 7/15/2018, today is 10/22/2018 and still nothing. I also got the standard, ""We have no information about when the parts are delivered by the supplier" standard answer from the support.".

And if this were true,"Sorry to hear that, we had a huge problem with getting spares for this car but we have now found a way around them and the spares will be back in stock in HK sometime in April and we should not have any more issues with spares for this car. If you can give some specific examples of the parts you are after I may be able to be more specific in giving you an estimate for the stock arriving.", wouldn't we have our parts by now? Did you loose the supplier?

Seriously?! The Desert Fox is a fun car to drive, but if theres no spares available, then dissassemble a few or sell them 2 for 1...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file