Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HOBBYKING INTERNATIONAL INTO THE UK - RIP OFF POSTAGE & IMPORT DUTIES

I made the mistake of buying a $29.12 broken hull from HobbyKing Singapore. As well as getting charged $60.00
for postage the final insult was the courier Parcelforce charging me an additional £19.54 import duty before
delivering. Reading the small print there is no refund on postage and it looks like it would be difficult to get my
original purchase monies back off Hobbyking anyway. Nowhere on the Hobbyking site does it mention import
duties. Ended up paying in total pretty much what a new model would have cost if I'd bought one on eBay locally.
Feel ripped off

Comments

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 343 admin
    edited February 2018

Hi James,
    Under HobbyKings Terms and Conditions that can be found at the bottom of the page HobbyKing WEB Page or when you checkout there is a tick box that you agree to the T&C (with a link to the T&C Page).

In the T&C's you will find the following about local taxes.

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

"Nowhere on the Hobbyking site does it mention import
    duties." This is because we have nothing to do with them whatsoever. Import duties are between you and your government.

• crash69ukcrash69uk Club Members Posts: 5

some years back I was also clobbered with import duties etc, but I don't blame Hobbyking, it was my own fault for NOT reading the t's & c's. There are far too many people always slagging off Hobbyking, when actually it's not their fault, so please at least TRY to get your facts straight before going into melt down

• Tim WoodTim Wood Club Members Posts: 1

AGAIN IT WONT LET ME PAY BY PAYPAL OR BANK CARD, I WAS GOING TO SPEND $60 UPWARDS TODAY BUT YOUR POSTAGE/CARRIER PRICES ARE OUTRAGEIOUS, YOU COULD SEND ITEMS FOR HALF THAT IF YOU USED HERMES IN UK AND INTERNATIONAL, OR THE POYAL MAIL, I HAVE NOW AND ALWAYS WILL GET MY HOBBY ITEMS FROM ELSWHERE

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Always amazes me folks moan about shipping costs at HobbyKing (and yes, they are absolutely ridiculously expensive at times due to totally incorrect shipping weight/size entries in their website backend stock listings) when they already know there are way cheaper places out there!! Go get ya toys from them!!!

Gone are the days when HK were the number one go to shop for possibly 99% of RC things. Well and truly gone, and others have taken up the mantle and continue to grow.
    HK are going backwards!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file