Why Can't Preferred Warehouse be Locked to User Profile?

It seems rather silly that for a New Zealander who can only purchase goods from Global or Australian Warehouse to have the US Flag and US Warehouse become the default on log-in. It does not matter how many times I reset my country information - after a few visits it has flicked back to USA. Very annoying! I see others are having similar troubles with their preferred warehouse not sticking as well.

The log in details stay permanent - why can't the available warehouses be locked to these details?

Comments

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭

Further to my comment above I forgot to mention that there is no New Zealand option so we have to use the Australian Flag option which might be the cause of the problem. But how hard is it to lock NZ customers details to the AUS Warehouse?

• AirgraphixAirgraphix NW IrelandClub Members Posts: 180 ✭✭

There is no warehouse filtering like there was before the downgrade, its a pain but you just have to live with it, would be nice to have option in your user profile where you could at least select default warehouse setup, 99/100 I buy from UK or EU but I am forced to also have global stock displayed as well.
    only way is to remove it is click on global everytime in every category.

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

This should be corrected now, please let us know if it is not.

This evening I logged in 2 x and each time the USA location flag was displayed. I changed it to New Zealand each time and the green message bar appeared at the top of the page saying that my location had been saved. Logged out again and on next log in I had relocated to USA once again.

Definitely not fixed yet.

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure but I believe the locales are based on IP addresses and polled from your web service provider's location. Is it possible yours is based in the US? I'll look into this and report back with any news/info.

The location is currently staying locked-in.

Stupid web site.
    Should put all revenue from current sale towards the BIG FIX. I can't buy batteries or glue from AUS warehouse at moment because I am locked into USA and Global - at this time there is no selection menu for locating it back to New Zealand which then gives me accesses to Global and AUS.
    ******* is looking better and better all the time as HobbyKing slides down hill.

I see they now block my comment re Percussiongoods.

Still one of the worst web shopping sites in the World.

1. My Country (New Zealand) still defaults to USA. For your information there is a hell of a lot of Pacific Ocean between North America and New Zealand. USA is up by the North Pole and New Zealand is down by the Antarctic/South Pole.

2. Search Engine has never been tidied up - a search of "FRSKY" returns pages of Futaba and Orange radio gear interspersed with FRSKY stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file