Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the Graphene in a Graphene Battery?

SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭

There is no doubt that the black Graphene batteries that come in those lovely little draw-string bags inside a substantial black foam lined box are a cut above other batteries of equivalent capacity. I have been running four 3S-1.3amp/hour Graphene batteries alongside 4 yellow 3S-2200s Zippy Compacts for just over a year. The Zippys are starting to puff while the Graphenes are rock solid. However, I had one Graphene develop a bad cell so have converted it to 2S. I decided to hold a post mortem on the dead cell and could not find any material that looked any different to that contained in a Turnigy or Zippy cell. Could someone please clarify exactly where the Graphene component is and what it looks like?

Comments

• The SageThe Sage Club Members Posts: 3

From what I've read, graphene is in the form of a single layer of carbon atoms (essentially two dimensional to us). It would be almost impossible to detect visually.

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭

Sounds a wee bitty of a tad like "the emperor's new clothes" to this crusty old skeptic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file