Hobby King Rattler

Haiden WicksHaiden Wicks Club Members Posts: 1
edited February 2018 in RC Cars

I am wondering what size wheels would look right on this car because it looks more 1/9th scale than 8th to me. Would 1/10 scale racing buggy wheels look rightm or 1/8th scale racing buggy wheels. I have a 12mm to 17mm hex conversion set of adapters as well. This is a discussion so you can post all about your Rattlers here too. This was just a starter question.

Comments

• x71xCamarox14xx71xCamarox14x Club Members Posts: 2

Hello Haiden,

You might have some clearance issues with 1/10th scales wheels/tires on the rattler, I would stick with the 1/8 scale size wheels/tires.

• srxsrx Club Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2018

12 to 17mm adapters usually do not work. Axle is too short to mount them. Unless they are some really good and expensive adapters - some of those work, those are usually not adapters but replace the whole 12mm hex.

And yes, 1.9" Crawler rims usually do not fit, not enough clearance.
    Most other bigger 1/10 rims do fit.
    If you use 1/8 scale wheels then almost anything fits I guess. Of course buggy wheels have very large offset and they might move too much inward. Original wheels have about 0 offset I guess.

I have used big 1/10 wheels. There are several available quite cheaply from different sources. From HK you can look for Quanum Vandal XL wheels for example.
    On this image there are wheels/tires similar to Vandal XL: https://*******.com/item/4Pcs-Wheel-Rim-and-Tire-for-1-10-HSP-94111-94188-RC-Monster-Truck/32727589424.html

• Gonzalo MartinezGonzalo Martinez Club Members Posts: 10

Hello, I broke the Rattler chassis and the page is not in stock for months, and I imagine it will be like this for a long time. Would someone know that another chassis could buy ?.

Thanks in advance.

• Nick_HKNick_HK Club Members Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey Gonzalo, if you contact the US CS team and ask them to contact me about this issue, we can organise a chassis to get to you. It might take a couple of weeks because the chassis has to come from Australia but the stock won't be in regional warehouses until the end of April, at best, so at least we can get you up and running again.

Muchas gracias Nick;

Quienes son CS de EEUU, como me pongo en contacto con ellos?, te agradezco mucho tu ayuda, porque el coche esta inservible.

Gracias.

edited February 2018

Nick, me dicen en EEUU que no hay stock, una lastima, no creo que vuelva a confiar en hobbyking. Comprare otro coche de calidad y me olvidare de experimentos.

Gracias de antemano.

• Scott HanftScott Hanft Club Members Posts: 2

@srx said:
    12 to 17mm adapters usually do not work. Axle is too short to mount them. Unless they are some really good and expensive adapters - some of those work, those are usually not adapters but replace the whole 12mm hex.

And yes, 1.9" Crawler rims usually do not fit, not enough clearance.
    Most other bigger 1/10 rims do fit.
    If you use 1/8 scale wheels then almost anything fits I guess. Of course buggy wheels have very large offset and they might move too much inward. Original wheels have about 0 offset I guess.

I have used big 1/10 wheels. There are several available quite cheaply from different sources. From HK you can look for Quanum Vandal XL wheels for example.
    On this image there are wheels/tires similar to Vandal XL: https://*******.com/item/4Pcs-Wheel-Rim-and-Tire-for-1-10-HSP-94111-94188-RC-Monster-Truck/32727589424.html

Frozen buggy! Cool pic.

• Ian RamseyIan Ramsey Club Members Posts: 5

Why is drive shaft for rattler not in stock for uk..I need to repair car

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Regional warehouses can't stock everything. That part should be available in the global warehouse.

• Ian RamseyIan Ramsey Club Members Posts: 5

Global have said they wont post this item to my address

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file