Best prop for lift using Multistar Elite 2216 920

ZatesZates Club Members Posts: 2
Hi I am a university student trying to design a quad to autonomously pick and place objects of reasonable size, using a quad. Our team has decided on the Multistar Elite 2216 920KV Multirotor Motor Set.

We are now wondering what prop/battery combo will give us the most lift out of these motors, while still getting good efficiency. Does anyone have any experience with these motors and what has worked well?

We are thinking of running 4s with 10x4.5 props but don't want to risk damaging the motor is this safe, or are there better options?

Thanks!

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭
    Not with 4S. Those motors will get hot and die. 8 x 4.5 for 4S.

As for any further help - nope. No idea what ypu mean by 'reasonable size'. It could mean something 3 x 3 x 3cm and 2g weight, or 30 x 30 x 30cm 2500kg in weight.

Wood for the trees again with the good old University education ...WTWUK2016-10-27 06:05:22
  • ZatesZates Club Members Posts: 2
    The size of objects is irreverent, I was just throwing out some context. What really want is to maximize lift with these particular motors, and was wondering how I would go about doing so, whether it be with 3s or 4s.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file