assault reaper 500 questions

Speed01Speed01 Club Members Posts: 8
Does anyone have any type of spec for the assault reaper 500 fc, like whats the max input voltage it will handle from the bec or can it be power from the reciver since the new esc i bought dosent have bec build in?

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭
    Just use a 5V BEC that is able to accept 6S input. The original ESC provides 5V and it provided the power for the RX too. WTWUK2016-10-09 17:37:27
  • Speed01Speed01 Club Members Posts: 8
    I ask if it can be power from the reciver because i have no idea where to plug the bec into, all the ports on the fc are taken up by servos or the esc. The bec i was planning on using is the castle creations bec
    Either Y lead it into the ESC cable and then into the FC or try it in any spare port in your RX. Should work either way. Will check tomorrow as mine is boxed in the loft.
    Thanks again WTWUK this is my 2nd vp quadcopter, the first one i am converting to be nitro power and this one i am just trying to get it off the ground lol, any other bec recommended would be greatly appreciated too, because i been reading up on the castle creations bec and alot of people are saying that they fail really easy. It would be great if you could simply plug a LiFe 6.6V Receiver BatterySpeed012016-10-10 08:59:03
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    I know this is of zero help to you but you've got my curiosity going when you say:

" this is my 2nd vp quadcopter, the first one i am converting to be nitro power "

How on Earth are you going to make that work on a quad? Surely not 4 glow fuelled motors, just one can be temperamental enough. I can't imagine them being responsive or reliable enough to trust to keep a quad stable. I don't know much about multirotors admittedly but that sounds very challenging to me.
    O lol, the nitro power quadcopter is for school. Sofar it been fixing one problem only to discover another but i am slowly getting there. With collective pitch quadcopter like the assault reaper you only need one motor to power all 4 propellers, the same goes if your converting it to nitro. The biggest problem that has come up is coming up with a clutch bell design where i wont have to trim down or cut the rear bulkheads. The 4 engine idea you mentioned has been done before thoe here is a link (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1600545869/yeair-the-quadcopter-of-the-future-from-1399) i have no idea if it works or not since i havent seen any flights of it.Speed012016-10-10 20:17:24
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with that. I have come across several projects such as yours using vari-pitch props. Haven't seen one fly yet though.
    Here are two nitro power variable pitch quadcopter that have flown successfully:

And

Speed012016-10-11 04:52:36
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Speed, some interesting stuff there image .
    Sawdust if your curious to see how the inside of one look here is the only pic i been able to find so far of the inside of the one in the video.

Not my photo nor do i own the right to it in any way.image

From my research i was able to find what i believe is the exact engine used its called 15cxp. Here it is used in a car called Victory Hawk 1:10 VH-A6 RC 15 Engine 2-Speed Gearbox 4WD Nitro Gas Black Lamborghini Car (link ) so i google it and found a hp rating of 0.85 from link same engine but with a different head. So that created the baseline hp i would need for my quadcopter Speed012016-10-11 11:16:25
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    How is the quality of altitude control of an assault reaper 500 by throttle control of this engine?

Do we have a flight video ?
    Varable pitch blades - so that is what controls altitude. Not engine RPM which could be set to a constant speed to a great extent.

If somehow a governor could be integrated, that would be even better as it would keep the engine speed constant no matter what the pitch of the blades.

The Reaper is very little different in operation than a collective pitch helicopter. Admittedly nowhere near as difficult to fly and nowhere near as agile.

jstremmler the assault reaper 500 fc is very basic so almost everything, has to be done by the operator a better option would be the tg multi from the stingray 500. And WTWUK explain it on point. A governor would be great as you explain. I was looking at the RCE-G600 but it max rpm is 21000RPM which is ok if your using a heli engine since they work at those rpm but i am using a buggy engine and it tops 34000 rpm. I dont have any personal flight video yet i want to solve the cluth bell problem i have first, I could run it clutchless but this is very dangerous. I did post some video link like 2 post back so you can check those.Speed012016-10-13 00:46:55
    Does anyone know if the Turnigy Evolution controller can be used with the assault reaper fc the stock controller that came with it is showing its age and has some cracks
    If you mean TRANSMITTER - then yes. In theory.

Any transmitter will do with the following provisos:

It must be at least 6 channels.

It must have at least one 2-way swich.

It must have end point adjustments.

It must have sub trim adjustments.

It must have adjustable flight control curves.

It must be compatible with the receiver (which it is not with the standard DSM2 in the Reaper) or use a suitable one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file