Do I need to de-pin 3 of the red wires with these

harry76harry76 Club Members Posts: 1
Hi, I am building a quadcopter and am using these ESC's:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25046__Hobby_King_20A_ESC_3A_UBEC_AU_Warehouse_.html

I am using this flight controller:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...th_6050MPU_And_Atmel_644PA_AU_Warehouse_.html

My question is, when powering the flight controller from those ESC's Should I de-pin 3 of the red cables and only use 1 to power the FC, or can i just plug all the ESC cables into the FC without worrying about frying the FC?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Don't know whether these are linear BEC or not, but by removing 3 red wires from your ESCs you cant harm anything.

So, just do it!
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭
    They are linear so no need to pull the reds. But you can if you want.

But - there are far better ESC's you can get for multicopters. These ones are 'ok', but not optimised for multis. They do not 'react' as fast as the ones with SimonK or BLHeli firmware and they also have Low Voltage Cutoff set as standard on them. So you MUST set them to battery type NIXX to turn that off. Low Voltage Cutoff on multicopters is suicide.

Look at other 20A ESC's with SimonK or BLHeli firmwares on them. They will also be lighter - a bonus too!WTWUK2016-10-07 02:00:34
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Manual says SBEC, so how do we know that they are linear??

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    They are linear and they can be flashed with SimonK. My experience with them is they work fine on a quad with a KK2 FC without flashing. No need to pull the red wires.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭
    We know because we have, or have had them Juergen ..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file