HELP, Quadcopter Motors Stuttering

01spenball01spenball Club Members Posts: 4
I have just fitted 4 T Motors 3515-15 400kv to my quadcopter but the motors all keep stuttering slightly when running? Im not sure if they are going to full power either! I am using 30 amp OPTO ESC's with 4s lipo on Naza. Before I was using 980kv Sunnysky motors with no problems on the same Esc's? Stuck as to what to try to fix the problem?

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you! image 01spenball2016-08-05 05:29:25

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭
    Sync problem by the sounds of it. What make and model of ESC's do you have?
  • 01spenball01spenball Club Members Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply!

Im using DJI OPTO 30 amp ESC's.
    Ah indeed it is sync issues. There is no way round it but flashing them with BLheli firmware, or replacing them.

Best bet is to replace with HobbyWing X-Rotor 30A. Those are beauties and will run your T-Motors well.

The high magnetic pole count of the motors is what causes the issue with the DJI ESC's. Quite common.
    Hi, thanks for your reply! That's a great help!

I will take your advice and change to the ESC you suggested. Gutted as I have just got my quadcopter all built up and will have to take it all apart again now :) but glad I no what needs to be done now!

Thanks again for the advice :)
    Update, bought and fitted some 40A Hobbywing X-Rotor ESC's. Motors now run great and new ESC's fixed the problem straight away!

Thanks for the advice WTWUK. much appreciated :)
    Anytime. Lovely ESC's they are. I am going to try one on a collective pitch helicopter and see what it goes like. I know tjry are optimised for multis, but anyway ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file