Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9XR pro battery.

jhonnathanjhonnathan Club Members Posts: 26
Hello. Can i use a 3S 1500 mAh 1C LiFe battery to power the 9xr pro ? Or this battery wont be able to supply enough current for the radio ? Can i just use a normal 3s lipo, i mean, one that is not a transmitter pack ? Will i experience any performance loss if i use an LiFe instead of LiPo ? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• DaithiDaithi ✭✭✭ Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    1: yes

2: no

3: yes

4: no

The advantage of a LiFe over a Lipo in a transmitter is that it can be left charged in the transmitter indefinitely (no need to use a 'storage' charge as in a Lipo). Additionally if the voltage drops too low, it is not liable to suffer the problems that will occur if that happened with a Lipo
  • jhonnathanjhonnathan Club Members Posts: 26
    Ok, thank you for your reply.
  • dart16dart16 Club Members Posts: 77
    I use a 2s lipo in my 9xr. Less heat. Just need to adjust the low voltage alarm setting.
  • SawdustSawdust ✭✭✭ Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    Yes dart, some do. As Daithi pointed out though, there's other reasons why the 3S LiFe is considered by most to be the best option.
  • WTWUKWTWUK ✭✭✭ CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Never have, never will use a LiPo in a TX. Tooooooo risky!
  • KerriKerri Club Members Posts: 9
    Update

I have fitted the Taranis gimbals into my 9xr pro. Its a major fiddle and takes a lot of tweaking and messing around. Really not a direct fit. Unless you're comfortable making shapes with a dremel, then don't go near this job.

It all works now, but the only issue is at the extreme corners the sticks catch on the housing. I'm planning to trim the faceplate to solve this and it should all be good.

Flying with the new sticks is soo much better. Feels much nicer to use and there's none of the 'wander' I experienced before.
  • WTWUKWTWUK ✭✭✭ CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭
    You should try it with Hitec Aurora 9 gimbals ... bliss! The Taranis gimbals are a close second though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file