Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9xr pro rudder calibration issue

KerriKerri Club Members Posts: 9
Looking for help, as i really want to avoid sending my transmitter back for a replacement.

The problem is with the rudder (left stick). Looking at the display on the tx, i can see the movement left/right etc, but sometimes it won't go all the way to the left. Sometimes it'll change as the throttle is moved.

I've tried calibrating the sticks. Sometimes it'll calibrate, sometimes it'll drift off before I've finished trying.

Even after recalibrating, it doesn't last. It ends up drifting off again and I can't control my models. The centre point seems to be changing too as sometimes my quad starts doing slow rotations with no input from me.

Is there a sw update that would help? i'm currently on firmware version 212

Comments

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Are you trying to fly your quad with TX set to Helli Mode? You need to be in aircraft mode.

If that is not the case go through the Mix screen and check that there is not a strange mix set up.

Select a standard aircraft template and start the setup again.Sooty2016-07-14 05:55:54
  • KerriKerri Club Members Posts: 9
    I can't find where to set the model type?

Its the same on every model, so i doubt its configuration. It really seems like a hardware issue with the stick itself
    Download the instruction book and work your way through that.
    I have and it seems you only 'select' heli if the options in the heli page are adjusted. If these are left alone I assume it will be in aircraft mode. tbh the manual isn't very clear on that part
    If everything is looking normal in the settings dept then you have to look at the possibility you have bad pots attached to your sticks.

Many such issues are documented on rcgroups forum and are usually assiciated with the PCBs attached to the pots moving with stick input. Any fix involves opening the TX and observing what is happening when the sticks are moved. If movement is detected the problem can be fixed by securing the PCBs with a dab of hot glue.

At least there are cheap replacement part available from hobbyking.

You might best to submit an RMA with a video of the screen showing the drift in which case you should get a replacement. You are lucky that at least you have a UK warehouse to return it to.

In my case it would be cheaper to buy replacement stick assemblies - they are dirt cheap - than the cost of mailing to nearest warehouse.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭
    First off update the radio firmware. You need to do that via EepSky.

Then recalibrate.

If you still have drift, as you already are seeing on the screen, you do have a dodgy pot on your rudder stick.

If the worst comes to the worst, if you are anywhere near Plymouth, pop down and I can sort it for you.
    In the end I raised an rma for it as the tx is only a few weeks old. I asked for a credit to buy some replacement gimbals, then bought taranis ones instead as they seem better built and are a direct fit into the 9xr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file