Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup the Pots 9xr pro

virgodave61virgodave61 Club Members Posts: 4
I have a servo connected to my receiver(FrSky) on channel 6, but when I select P3 at the top of the mixer screen it doesn't work, is there something I'm missing? When I set it up on my old 9X it worked great.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Go to the mixer screen and connect channel 6 to P3.

Chnl 6 is most likely factory preset to the flap or gear switch.

The source at top of the screen needs to be set as CH 6. You assign P3 as the switch - further down the page.

The terminology might have changed a bit as I am referring to my 9XR menu screen - not 9XR PRO.

If all else fails - read the instruction manual - the process is clearly explained.Sooty2016-06-30 05:50:00
  • virgodave61virgodave61 Club Members Posts: 4
    Thanks Sooty,

I was able to change the source to ch 6, but when I go to the switch there are no options for the pots to be selected.

Its Turnigy so the manual sucks, I searched the manual for the word "pot" and learned how to set a pot to scroll menus and how to use one to change voice volume. It also mentioned the pot setting in the source menu, but there is nothing beyond that.

I read the manual first because I hate bothering people and get irritated by people posting questions that could have been solved with a Google search, plus I hate forums and trying to get help, people will do really stupid things and get a 100 replies, but if you have a seemingly simple stupid problem nobody cares!

Thanks again,

Dave

I don't beleive its a treminology issue because when I go to the switch settings I looked for anything with three settings since I have three pots like P1, P2, P3, A1, A2, A3 etc. and nothing like that.
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    OK - Attack the problem this way:

Treat existing channel 6 as normal. You might need to deselect any switch already assigned in the mix menu. (Gear or Flaps)

Add a mix to channel 6 by selecting it and from the menu select "Add Mix".

This will take you into the menu for the newly added mix where you can select P3 as source.

If you set the weight to 100% moving P3 through its full range should output values between -100% to 100% of the weight already set for Channel 6.

The general rule is that any mix added below will override settings in mixes above.

I'm sorry not to be more precise but I have moved on from the firmware provided with the 9XR and am using ERSKY9X which is reasonably similar to the 9XR-PRO.

Sooty2016-06-30 15:23:28
    Thanks Sooty!

I inserted a new mix on ch6 and it worked, wow. I'm totally clueless, it makes no sense to me but it works.

Thanks very, very much.

Dave

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file