Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Link Orange RX GA800HV to Futaba 7C

nebukadnezarnebukadnezar Club Members Posts: 3
Hi,

I try to link an Orange RX GA800HV with my Futaba 7C.

I follow the instruction from RX manual, when I press the button, the red LED stays ON, and the green LED is blinking, I can wait several minutes....nothing happend. If I release the button, both stay ON. I've connected a servo, but no signal, nothing, nadad.

I'm not sure about the PIN layout, PIN1 to 8. Power is on PIN 1, correct?

What could be wrongimage The Futaba is already linked with a futaba RX.

Thanks for helping

Regards

Michel

Comments

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Futaba and Orange/Spektrum use different protocols. I don't believe you can mix and match
  • nebukadnezarnebukadnezar Club Members Posts: 3
    Hmmm, ok I understand, but this is the model OrangeRX GA800HV Futaba FASST

It look like some models are compatible with Futaba's FASST protocolnebukadnezar2016-06-25 04:14:04
    Sorry about that - I slipped and didn't realise that this one was Futaba and not Spektrum.

Did you push the button in and hold it before connectiong the battery? From what you are saying (red on and green flashing) it is waiting for you to set the failsafe. Follow the instructions for that
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    The Orange FASST work fine with Futaba - I have several. Turn TX on. Hold RX button down and connect power with your other two hands and bingo you are done. Switch off power to RX and on power up again everything should work.

Failsafe is a seperate operation and does not affect binding. I think you can also set signal freq. to high or low speed for digital or analog servos - three flashes either fast or slow and they alternate - release the button after the one you want.
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    "I'm not sure about the PIN layout, PIN1 to 8. Power is on PIN 1, correct?"

As far as the receiver goes, the power is all interconnected and the same thing with the negative. The only unique one is the signal pin on each, so to just feed power to it you can connect to any of them.Sawdust2016-06-25 09:14:12
  • nebukadnezarnebukadnezar Club Members Posts: 3
    Hi, sorry, thank you for your help, I'm a newbie in this area.

PIN is not really the right term, with PIN I mean the channels 1 - 8, 1 is use to connect the battery?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    As you have a Futaba radio, below is the channel order for your RX:

1 = Aileron.

2 = Elevator

3 = Throttle or ESC (if it has a BEC it       will power the RX as well.)

4 = Rudder

5 = Gear

All the others are Aux channels and can be used to connect a RX battery or BEC
    According to the book of words WT, solid red and flashing green (which is what the guy is saying is happening) is "Set Failsafe"
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    Yep. Looks like the same procedure as with the FrSky FASST 8 channel offerings.

Suspect these are re-packaged TFR8 RX's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file