Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naze32 and Quanum Venture

Silver tyroSilver tyro Club Members Posts: 19
Hi, I have got my Quanum venture setup to the point of fine tuning the naze32. What I would like to know is the PID settings and other settings for cleanflight on this setup. I have the throttle Arm on the gear switch and Angle/Horizon and Manual set on the 3 position flaps? Switch on a Turnigy 9x tx and matching Rx (2.4GHz). Has anyone used this system setup and what configuration settings did you use? At the moment the configuration is the default ones.

Looking forward to a useful reply with thanks. 5ilver

Comments

• jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    I own the same copter but have a NAZA M V2 and DJI's wireless Data Link Module 2.4 GHz installed.

But with a NAZE32 and your configuration with Manual, Angle and Horizon on a 3 position switch your Venture quad should fly "right out of the box" with the NAZE32 default values.

If it does not, then give the iNAV 1.1 firmware a trial.

Then it should definitively fly "right out of the box" and in follow up you should go for installing a GPS (and a magnetometer and a barometer if you don't have a 10 DOF NAZE32).
  • Silver tyroSilver tyro Club Members Posts: 19
    Thanks for the reply, I have test flown the quad with default values, it still seems to wander a little. My version of the Naze32 has a barometer, but have yet to set this up for altitude hold, I don't have telemetry, but I don't think it has the magnetometer. I just thought and was hoping that someone else had "tuned" this setup and could let me know the individual settings. Then I would have a shortcut to tuning mine. I may progress to a more comprehensive FC when I get the hang of this setup and can fly more competently. I do fly fixed wing models and have also own a Hubsan 104c, mini quad. Thank. You once again. image
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    No two settings will be the same - even for technically identical craft.

It is very much trial and error with all setups.

Dunno what you think could be a more comprehensive flight controller - the Naze32 can do pretty much anything more costly ones can do wirh the firmware available for it. Pity it was developed by such a oops though.
    Having found Oscar Liang, and many other gurus, including the Open University offering. The most intriguing one was an article about Cleanflight Autotune! Demos on YouTube, all I need to do now is make my 3 way switch manual position to be Autotune and horizon mode at the same time. Then trust to the 5 seconds ON rule for the roll and pitch auto tunes and then if it's stable, use the save facility. I suppose I could setup all three profiles slightly differently so I have a choice of performance. Will try to keep this updated on progress. I am at the moment trying to setup the accelerometers manually using the sticks. After that I may try my FPV gear (2.4GHz) to see if it's ok. It was a freebie, so not expecting much. image
    Just found Autotune for Cleanflight, might try it after I've had a calm day and setup trims.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    Be careful with it - it is still in development and can rapidly turn your copter into a flying chainsaw.

It is better than the early incarnations of it, but can still bite hard if you are unlucky.
    Lol, I like your signature, I am Yorkshire, but living in Norfolk and no I don't consider myself a Norfolk man!

I still have to check Autotune out, I need a very calm day to complete my trimming and an open space like our flying club's field. I need to email the secretary of the club to see if we have a multicopter guru who can help me (basically hold my hand while I complete the setup)
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Even if a guru holds your hand, if Autotune goes wrong it will go wrong, your copter will crash and the guru cant do anything about it.

At least you need a reasonable altitude of your copter to start Autotune so that there is a chance of switching back quickly back to Angle or Horizon Mode.
    Hi, thanks for the update, I am now on Cleanflight 1.13.0, so Autotune doesn't appear, but g-tune does and the YouTube video is much more encouraging although itI only does the P values, will keep this up to date for other people to reference if needed. image Silver tyro2016-07-08 16:37:11
    I have had a successful few flights, I need to install my FPV camera and record a flight! And refine the PID setup.

I have given up on the naze32 although I did get it flying nicely and have bought a JiYi P2 Pro autopilot. Spec seems very promising and the added bonus of gps and RTH, if I can find out how to program waypoints!!! Lol I will have a rival to the rtf Quanum Venture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file