Walrus/AXN/Bixler 1.1/Slowstick

CBOnyxCBOnyx Club Members Posts: 2
Advice on best starter plane

Walrus

AXN

Bixler 1.1

Slowstick

Looking for beginners plane, easy to fly, stable and does not break so easy.

Walrus looks like me a good option...1400mm wingspan...

but any suggestions are very welcome !

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭
    AXN. No contest.
  • AJC ChopperAJC Chopper Port AdelaideClub Members Posts: 50
    Go with the AXN as the motor and prop are more protected. I have the Walrus (my first plane) and have had to replace the props way to many times, plus new motor.

The Walrus is nice to fly and can be relaxing when power up and glide down, would have to recommend it to be a great second plane.
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    AXN. image

It can even soar. Caught a thermal a week or so ago and got so carried away that I lost sight of it for a worrying minute or two. Had to max all sticks until it spun its way down into view again. Now has red covering over all underside surfaces.
  • CBOnyxCBOnyx Club Members Posts: 2
    ok...thnx...already got 2 pcs of 2200-3S lipo's..

I assume I can use those right?

according to the advice, i'd better order my AXN this week

Yup. 2200 3S will fit but you will need to trim a small piece of EPO away. Fly for ages on one of those packs!

And if you want to liven the AXN up when you get used to flying it, cut a few inches off the wingtips. Makes for some great fun! heh heh!!!
    2200-3S lipos are good for 20 - 30 min flying on an AXN depending how heavy you are on the throttle. I like them because after a decent flight the batteries are sitting at around storage charge level ready to go back in the ammo box until next time.Sooty2016-04-16 19:39:16
  • ReeferReefer Club Members Posts: 33
    ??????

Ral fRotten2016-10-05 17:11:41
    Nope. AXN. Anyone saying different and I will set my dad on them ... heh heh!
    Me too! AXN every time or I will get my big brother on to you.
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    He asked nearly 5 months ago. I think it's a pretty safe bet he's been happily zooming around in his axn ever since.

And yes, absolutely the axn is the best. Agreed, there's not a lot of spare room under the canopy but there is enough, and that's all you need.
  • RedDog7RedDog7 Club Members Posts: 4

What happened to the Bixler? I still have both the Bix 1 and 2 and I always thought it was the next step up after the AXN.

• AbranAbran Club Members Posts: 52

I have had 2 Bixler 1.1's, and a mate has had 3 AXN's and I would honestly recommend the bixler over the AXN. its got more space, will fly slower, better rolls, better glide and much more stable.

Sorry guys :#

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file