Quadcopter Part List Check

TheGhzGuyTheGhzGuy Club Members Posts: 4
Hello all,

Sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to make sure all of my parts were compatible together.

Frame: HobbyKing S500

Motor: LDPower 2312 (I assume you can make them turn clockwise? Or do I need a different motor?)

ESC's: Flycolor 30 AMP ESC with BEC (I'm pretty sure this doesn't have SimonK on it though)

Props: Master Airscrew CW and Master Airscrew CCW

Flight Controller: Naze32 Acro

Charger: I have a charger

Battery: Turnigy 3200 mah 3S

Controller: Turnigy 9 Channel

Voltage Alarm:HobbyKing Li-Po Voltage Alarm

Total price: About 225 USD

This is just a planned "basic" build. Possibly with FPV or camera capabilities in the future, but that will most likely end up being a 250 mm racing drone. That will be a future project with a bigger budget.

Thanks!

Comments

• jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    You don't need the voltage alarm!

The NAZE32 with a buzzer or better LED's can do that.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__47014__Piezo_Buzzer_for_KK2_KK2_1_Naze32_Flight_Control_Boards_1pc_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__88928__WS2812B_LEB_Light_Board_with_Buzzer_for_Naze32.html

And instead of the NAZE32 Acro buy a NAZE32 Rev.6 DOF 7 (not DOF10!!) It will cost you $16 but has in comparison to the Acro NAZE32 an additional barometer on the board.

It offers you more options in the future (add a UBLOX M8N GPS with compass for $19 and you can do all GPS flight modes, Return to Home and Waypoint Navigation)

And don't forget to buy some spare props!jstremmler2016-04-13 22:40:09
  • TheGhzGuyTheGhzGuy Club Members Posts: 4
    [Quote=jstremmler]And instead of the NAZE32 Acro buy a NAZE32 Rev.6 DOF 7 (not DOF10!!) It will cost you $16 and but has in comparison to the Acro NAZE32 an additional barometer on the board. It offers you more options in the future (add a ULOX M8N GPS with compass for $19 and you can do all GPS flight modes, Return to Home and Waypoint Navigation)

So where would I get the Naze 32 Rev.6 DOF.7?

• SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    google:

" NAZE32 Rev.6 7 DOF "
    here is another possibility to google: NAZE32 Rev.6 7DF

This is because some people forget the O in DOF.....

edited March 2018
    [quote=Sawdust]google:

" NAZE32 Rev.6 7 DOF "

Found it on *******.com
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Be careful - one strict rule here is you never EVER post links to competitors' websites
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭
    Why not the 10DOF Juergen?
    Well it is the same difference as between an APM2.5 and an APM2.6

The APM 2.5 had the magnetometer on board and in most of the time it got disturbed by other components on the board or by the motors.

The APM 2.6 came without a magnetometer on board and one could add a GPS with an external compass. Magnetic influence of other components to the magnetometer was significantly less and flight performance in GPS modes was much better.

Same is now with the NAZE32. If you buy a 10DOF it has a magnetometer on the board but flight performance in GPS modes is by far not as good as when you have an external GPS and magnetometer.

And btw I think (maybe it's not correct) NAZE32 software does not allow for two magnetometers in parallel.(in contrast to the Pixhawk software) So if you buy a 10DOF you would have to physically disable the magnetometer on the NAZE32 board which is not an easy task.....

Came just back from flying my DART450 quad with a NAZE32, an external GPS, an external compass, an external blackbox, an OSD, a sonar and a conventional RSSI to PIN2 and did with the DART450 two RTH flights including automatic landing.

It simply works great!jstremmler2016-04-13 22:49:49
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭
    Got it. Forgot all about the mag issues with onboards!

Pretty much a step 'backwards' really for the 10DOF to a degree then.

So does anyone know a GPS for the Naze32?
    Yes , buy an UBLOX NEO-M8N Flight Controller GPS with Protective Shell for Pix PX4 Pixhawk for $19.99. It has a compass inside.

But you have to solder different connectors for the NAZE32.

What I usually do is to solder short connector cables with female JR plugs (for the NAZE32) on one side and male Molex PicoBlade with 1.25mm pin spacing plugs (for the female Molex PicoBlade 1.25mm pin plugs of the GPS [5 pins] and for the compass[4 pins]). This makes it very convenient to install or to disassemble the GPS.

The more rude solution would be to cut the Molex PicoBlade connectors at the GPS and for the compass and solder the wires directly to the NAZE32.

And here are the connections:

Compass: green wire --> SCL pin of NAZE32 REV.6

blue wire --> SDA pin of NAZE32 Rev.6

GPS :    red wire --> + 5V

white wire --> pin 3 of NAZE32 Rev. 6 = TX

yellow wire --> pin 4 of NAZE32 Rev.6 = RX

black wire --> GND

And later you flash with Cleanflight the iNAV 1.01 firmware :

https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/releases

and download for waypoint flying the EZ-GUI app on your cell phone or your tablet.

jstremmler2016-04-15 12:49:05

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file