Quad Copter - Stable flight - set throttle - hold

dgwilsondgwilson Club Members Posts: 3
Hi there...

I have performed a search of this forum and cannot quite find what I'm looking for. Please forgive me if I use the wrong terms.

Basically I have the following:

* KK2.1HC Flight Control Board

* HobbyKing X525 Frame

All assembled and it flies.

To control the height I have to constantly adjust the throttle...

What I want to do is set the throttle and have the quad copter maintain it's own height.

I'll assume at this point I need a different flight controller? And maybe some other bits and pieces? Can anyone here provide a recommendation as to what? With maybe links to the products?

This isn't for anything fancy, it's hobby use only. Maybe with a GoPro attached on occasion.

Looking forward to reading replies...

Comments

• jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Program a gas curve at your TX which looks like an expo-curve for a servo! (which is less sensitive at the point where your copter hovers)

Then the radio signal coming from your TX around the hovering point of your copter will be much less sensitive and it will allow you to control and maintain altitude of your copter much better.
  • dgwilsondgwilson Club Members Posts: 3
    > Program a gas curve at your TX which looks like an expo-curve for a servo! (which is less sensitive at the point where your copter hovers)

Hey, thanks for that quick reply, really appreciated. Is there an article or blog post that explains how to do this? My transmitter has a touch LCD display, so I'm sure it can do this... I just need to know what I'm trying to attempt. :-)

- David
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭
    A throttle curve (gas curve...) with a KK controller is not a good idea. It will end up with you 'chasing' the power around with ever increasing throttle stick movements to keep a steady altitude. You will end up with something akin to Pilot Induced Oscilations. It is the nature of KK's that they pretty much need constant control inputs to get any axis steady.

You would be better off getting a controller like the CC3D Revo, as that has altitude hold capabilities ans a lot more. Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file