Durafly Tundra availability

xviperprimexviperprime Club Members Posts: 10
What's the latest on the Back Order status of the Tundra. It seems that there is some stock in the US East warehouse but I'm in W. Canada and I deal primarily with the International warehouse. Does this have anything to do with FMS no longer making planes for HobbyKing Durafly? Who's going to make it?

There's 3 guys in my small flying circle waiting to jump on this, but if another similar plane comes along, the Tundra will be out. When will we see this plane available again from Hong Kong? Nobody is talking and nobody seems to know anything.

Comments

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Nobody here does - we're all customers as well
  • xviperprimexviperprime Club Members Posts: 10
    I see every once in a while, a rep from HobbyKing posts an answer. I was hoping this would happen here.
    Usually down in complaints - very seldom up here regarding stock/backorder levels. Back orders can take ages to come through. What happens is that the makers do things in batches, model A this week, B next week and so on. You have to wait until they change the moulds to make more 'A's and that could be months down the line
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    The Tundra is due any day into Hong Kong.

Other warehouses are well stocked.

Great news. Thanks.
    Hmmmmm ................. been 10 days now. Did "any day" mean days, weeks or months? Still no stock in Int. warehouse or US west warehouse. Those are the only 2 I'm allowed to buy from and Int. is my preference.

Is Stuart around to comment on this?
    It will be in stock when they get a stock - that's up to the manufacturer.

Being told by anyone else that it will be back isn't going to make that happen any faster
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    I think being told by " Hobbyking Ian " that " The Tundra is due any day into Hong Kong." you can guarantee that there is a shipment already made, packed and on a ship headed his way. There's a heck of a lot of things that can cause delays between wherever it was on the ocean and getting to the Hobbyking warehouse from there though.
    Daithi, thank you for taking so much time and effort to post a reply that has absolutely ZERO benefit. Did I say I wanted it "faster"? NO! It's like saying the sun will rise tomorrow but it might not be seen due to cloud cover. "That's up to nature." All I wanted was a clarification of what "any day" means from someone who knows (like maybe Stuart). If you don't know, then why bother with an idiotic response?
    Look - NOBODY knows when a shipment will arrive. You asked a pointless question, so you get a pointless answer

Obviously you have no patience or you wouldn't keep demanding to know 'when'
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    My mate Stuart is unable to reply at the moment as he is down the bottom paddock moving the yearlings off the lucerne.

If Ian says there are some on the way then that means there are some on the way. I am sure that if he knew they would be arriving on Wednesday he would have said so.
    "Did I say I wanted it "faster"? NO!"

Ummmm, I hate to tell you, but without using the exact word

Yes you bloody DID!!!
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh the great impatient ... love it!

Would you believe I have been waiting over 3 hours for a battery to come back into stock I want and am getting very upset that nobody from HobbyKing is answering me!!!

Christ, if it is out of stock, so be it! Badgering CS and other staff will not speed up restocking!
    Daihi, you look! If you don't know, then don't bloody answer. It was NOT a pointless question. YOU gave a pointless answer.

Sawdust .................... "NO, I BLOODY DID NOT". Go read all of my posts. Not once did I say anything about wanting it "faster". Oh, you can read, can't you?

HobbyKing started out in this business as little more than a joke. Most people in the hobby just laughed when the name "HobbyKing" was mentioned. It took them years of pain staking effort and attention to customer service to change that. Then comes a bunch of HobbyKing fanboys like those seen in this thread to cast a negative light on the company by slamming someone with a legitimate question about stock. Congratulations for being such ignorant ambassadors of HobbyKing. I speak for 5 people at our flying club who are waiting for news of this plane. Don't know how many others who happen to read this thread. You guys win. I'm done here and won't be back. I'll leave the "kings" of the HobbyKing forum to it. (That in itself, is a bit of a joke. HobbyKing forum? Seriously?) We'll go buy something else. HobbyKing should be proud to have all of you here to shun customers away.

Sooty, please direct your mate, Stuart, to take a look at this thread and see for himself what a splendid job these fanboys have done for HobbyKing's customer base. If Stuart wishes, he can contact me on another "real" forum.

xviperprime2016-04-21 08:37:35
  • AJC ChopperAJC Chopper Port AdelaideClub Members Posts: 50
    Patience is a art to be learned and not to be taken for granted.

Back ordered means out of stock and has been ordered from suppliers.(insert patience)

When restocked. Simple answer is to order and wait at the mailbox for your goodies to arrive, again (insert patience).

However discontinued - means no longer available = shop elsewhere.

You wish to shop elsewhere great for me. I will be able to order one and fly around with it and you won't be.

Oh wait they are available but have sold out in the USA and International warehouses, again (insert patience)

Bye image
    The question was totally stupid. You were TOLD that it would arrive 'any time'. You were NOT told "It will arrive on Friday at 11:26 am local time" and the reason is that nobody bloody well KNOWS when it will arrive, just that it's on its way. However you keep demanding an answer.

Obviously you don't have the patience you were born with
    Re read my post you blind impatient clown.

"without using the exact word, YES You bloody did!!!!!

Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, image .
    Whe're we going? Whe're we going? Hehe hehe!

Oh ... he's gone.WTWUK2016-04-21 17:06:47
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    Chill pill guys.

Look, just my take on it btw.

If someone asks for an answer on shipping problems, late deliveries, back orders etc etc. LEAVE it to HK gurus. That is their problem. Telling someone it will be stocked when it is stocked doesnt help anyone. Hell, anyone can say that. And if HK peeps dont answer the forum question then that just makes them look like a bunch of heartless homicidal maniacs wanting to steal everyones money. There is no point answering a forum question with " we are all just customers, no-one knows", much easier to just say nothing.

Any question that is posted in order support should be off limits to anyone to reply to apart from HK support staff (yeah, I know, ha ha) but anyone apart from HK support doesnt NEED to comment! Although I probably have in the past it doesnt mean I needed to.

Any question that peeps have that us as forum users can actually give advice on and help them with in regard to things we actually know about and have had experience with, those are the things we should be commenting on.

As I said, just my take on it

In saying that however, if someone asks a dumb arsed question in the wrong section......

• keel1keel1 Club Members Posts: 307
    How dare someone ask a question on this forum"......

The nerve.

xviperprime. Just remember it was the Irish who built the Titanic..... image
    And it was an English captain who was sailing it image

Swervyn - He was answered by HK that it was 'on its way' but that wasn't good enough. He wanted an exact date and time image
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    well we all know that "it's on it's way" could mean anytime before Christmas lol!

a bit like that awesome new website that was coming 2 years ago image
    Or the turbine? image
    Turbine? Really? When? Where?

Oh I remember! Two years ago (or so) they were apparently on the 'shelf' awaiting a 'servicing network' to be put in place.

Ahem! Porkie pie detector is in operation ... lol!!!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    The Tundra was due to come back into stock on the 15th so like I said, any day now.

Perhaps its better if we don't give out ETA's in the future :(

Ian

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file