Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnigy 9x elevon setup.

nzblacksheepnzblacksheep Club Members Posts: 9
Greetings,

I'm trying my first-ever setup for elevons with my 2010 Tgy 9X.

After several sessions of struggle both the ailerons and elevators are working as intended, BUT, the elevators are working on the RH stick (the throttle stick), and ailerons are working on the LH stick.

Settings are: AIL1 at 060 060

AIL2 at 060 060

ELE1 at 060

ELE2 at minus 060

So, on these settings everything works, but on the wrong sticks. I've tried reversing the servos, have gone over the settings countless times and tried every combination, but cannot get elevators on the left and ailerons on the right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• SootySooty ✭✭✭ Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    9X is a dog to play with using original firmware.

It sounds as though you have a Mode 1 TX with throttle on right stick.

To configure it the way you describe you need to swap channel assignments in the TX menu between throttle and elevator and also the AIL and RUD and then redo your mixes between AIL and new ELE channel.
  • nzblacksheepnzblacksheep Club Members Posts: 9
    Thanks Sooty,

I had wondered if the problem was related to my use of mode 1, which I have retained because the small group I fly with all use it.

And yes, the Tx is an original Tgy 9X. I'll consider a change to mode 2 for the elevon mixing, or maybe re-work the scratch-built delta I'm playing with to grow a rudder and tailplane/elevator.

• SootySooty ✭✭✭ Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    You might find a workaround by using different receiver channel outputs just for that model setup and still retain your throttle on right stick.

Don't forget there are 4 stick modes - two for throttle stick right and two for throttle stick left - one of them might work for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file