Trouble getting my 9x to working with my sim USB

PerAlexanderPerAlexander Club Members Posts: 2
Hi there.

Ive bought the 9X V2 transmitter and receiver.

Ive also bought a universal USB simulator cable.

Im trying to get this to work on my Mac, but it wont calibrate all the channels. Its only the AIL channel that dont want to calibrate.

Ive tried on Mac, Windows, and android, and have the same problem on them all. I see in the "Display" menu on the transmitter, there it registers all channels moving.

Please help.

Comments

• airwaveairwave Club Members Posts: 3,563
    have heard that you must pull the TX pack out of it for it to work right?I don't use my 9x for sim,but looked into it at one time.

others here do maybe they will come alone and help more.
  • PerAlexanderPerAlexander Club Members Posts: 2
    yes. if the tx pack was plugged in, nothing would work ;)

Its pulled out indeed :)PerAlexander2016-01-19 08:01:39
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    There is a mod (well a couple) to fix that. One involves cutting a land and bridging it with 1K resistor (check on youtube for that one) and the other is upgrading the firmware (more expensive as it requires an add-on board).

Alternatively, you can use the wireless one which at least has the advantage of using a spare receiver and you don't trip over the lead when the doorbell rings

However, whether or not it will run natively on a Mac is another matter (you may need to run it via bootcamp, but even then there could be driver problems)Daithi2016-01-19 07:01:39
  • VirginiaJimVirginiaJim N Carolina nowClub Members Posts: 218
    I did the 1k resistor mod on both of my 9x transmitters, so I did not need to do more, but I have read that if you upgrade your firmware to ER9x, you will not have to do the resistor mod.

However, you will probably find the wiring changes to achieve a firmware upgrade more challenging than the 1k resistor mod. I did, and have not done the firmware upgrade yet.

VJVirginiaJim2016-01-21 01:18:52
    If you get the smartieparts flash system you don't need to do any wiring changes - it simply screws on with contacts to the appropriate pads

Basic one is here but if you want all the bells and whistles, check the 9xtreme
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭
    The AR9X is MUCH cheaper, has allllmost the same performance and is a damned good board.

HERE

Had one for a couple of months now. Very good indeed. Unbeatable for the money.
    I would agree WT but he said he wants to avoid soldering (or even soddering) image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file